White Swirl Attendance

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: White Swirl Attendance

Post by Jamie »

I wouldn't take them at their word that they're new around here.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:40 pm Hold up. You arrive excited, call a longtime member narrow minded, call me rude for joking about it, said your welcome was terrible, and are threatening to leave for FB? You express some strong negative opinions about a community you don't know. This thread is indicative of what happened to this site in a microcosm. Unless you're willing to see people where they are you're only talking into a mirror.

If you truly love music and collecting, stick around and dig a little deeper. There is a place for White Swirl and there is a place for FB. You're going to get different things out of each.
Ah, I understand, I thought you were being rude and not joking, you can't tell on the internet. I don't believe I'm expressing anything aside from being inquisitive. I'm asking questions and getting unsettling answers. I repeat those answers back and then get told that isn't correct. It's very confusing, like I'm looking into a one way mirror.

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Lol. The things Hawke does for fun.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

1Jones_Class.jpg
2jones_wall.jpg
3Rob_Group.jpg
4Rob_Kiss.jpg
5Rob_Dale.jpg
6Rob_Trophy_Group.jpg
7Rob_Elvis.jpg
8Riot_Rob.jpg
8rob_crusing.jpg
9Rob_Tesla.jpg
10He-Rob.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

rsimms3 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:18 pm Lol. The things Hawke does for fun.....
Seems lame. He's already on here under his own name. Who has time to pretend to be someone else.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:21 pm
Seems lame. He's already on here under his own name. Who has time to pretend to be someone else.
Hawke messaged me, he said he’s banned although the post went through. He said and I quote “It’s a fucking trap!” Not sure what that means.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

mfdoom wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:29 pm
anonymousbrunette wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:21 pm
Hawke messaged me, he said he’s banned although the post went through. He said and I quote “It’s a fucking trap!” Not sure what that means.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I can't speak for others but as Third Man moved more beyond the pre-JW stuff the sort of lore and mythology faded a bit for me. Don't get me wrong, I love a huge percentage of Third Man's output. It's good stuff. I own most of it and spin it regularly. But with the new era I'm not so interested in dissecting every element as before. I still love discussing the old stuff, especially White Stripes and the Italy era Detroit scene. But those conversations sort of dried up once we upended so many stones. We'd just be retreading already worn paths. Which, now that I think about it, could be kinda fun.

Anyway, I lurk here all the time. I look at this forum at least a few times a month. And now that I'm posting again for the first time in a long while it feels comfortable. And fun to be back. So I suppose I should make it a point to drop by from time to time and visit the old neighborhood. Say hi to some old pals. Grab a bite (and maybe a beef?). haha

OK, so that's me. I do miss this place.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

hawke messaged me and he wanted to know why higherlimits hates him so much. He mentioned he knows trickster, 7th son are cool with him even brunette (although they had their larger disagreements). Higherlimits always hated hawke for some reason he says and won't let him back in. Hawke mentioned he could probably get white swirl back on track and have people actually excited about this place again.

Don't shoot the messenger.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Hawke just messaged me, he sounded high or drunk, not sure which. He said you (mfdome) are catfishing him. He kept trying to send autoplay YouTube videos showing flying dildos, but he kept screwing up the code. He also says he regrets everything he's ever said or done that hurt people here on white swirl. He knows the pandemic has been hard on people, himself included and promises to post as himself soon to squash all the hard feelings personally now that he has his own account again.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Me sitting here sad Hawke hasn't messaged me.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

rsimms3 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:55 pm Hawke just messaged me, he sounded high or drunk, not sure which. He said you (mfdome) are catfishing him. He kept trying to send autoplay YouTube videos showing flying dildos, but he kept screwing up the code. He also says he regrets everything he's ever said or done that hurt people here on white swirl. He knows the pandemic has been hard on people, himself included and promises to post as himself soon to squash all the hard feelings personally now that he has his own account again.
More like he's catfishing me. He also mentioned he would like a list of all of the bad things he's done and why he should apologize for them.

Don't shoot the messenger.
mfdoom
Little Bird

Post by mfdoom »

hawke also sent this along, I guess he's still banned and can't use his proper screename
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Liar liar....
Screenshot_20220517-114438_Chrome.jpg
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

This thread are poop.

Also, flying boners...
he is everything i hate...