A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by dylnfan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:09 pm

icdvet wrote:COAFB - Christ on a fucking bike!
I always enjoyed JCIADB - Jesus Christ In A Duffle Bag!
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo

User avatar
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:21 am
Location: Norway

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by EdwardWBjornson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

OT: On topic.
OT: Off topic.
ICLAB: I cry like a baby.

User avatar
rival
Little Ghost
Posts: 2084
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Location: Toronto-ish

Someone Help Me With These Acronyms!

Post by rival » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:43 pm

I don't know if it's my place to post this or not but I've been lurking for a while and every now and then I come across something and I have no clue what it is, specifically abbreviations. I decided to compile a list of acronyms because they are flying around here like crazy. Although I consider myself a fairly big fan of Jack White and his ventures, there are some I look at and take me a few minutes just to figure out. Obviously some are incredibly easy to figure out so if this has already been done or the Mod's think it's weak, you can totally delete it. Also, feel free to add to the list. I'll try my best to keep it updated.

WS - White Stripes
TDW - The Dead Weather
TMR - Third Man Records

RJ - Rob Jones
PM - Print Mafia
RSD - Record Store Day

BBS - Broken Boy Soldiers
UGWNL - Under Great White Northern Lights
WBC - White Blood Cells
SFTRI - ?

ICLAB - I Cut Like A Buffalo
HYFTH - Hang You From The Heavens
FFB - Fly Farm Blues
BBB - Blue Blood Blues
LSH - Let's Shake Hands
GITD - ?
GBMS - Get Behind Me Satan

TD - Triple Decker
B&B - Black & Blue

Hope this isn't too elementary for all of you. There are some more I've seen but I can't track them down or think of them right now.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.

User avatar
littleacorn
Little Ghost
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: the illi-noise

Re: Someone Help Me With These Acronyms!

Post by littleacorn » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1327
heres a link to a thread
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"

User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Someone Help Me With These Acronyms!

Post by dylnfan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:02 pm

rival wrote:I don't know if it's my place to post this or not but I've been lurking for a while and every now and then I come across something and I have no clue what it is, specifically abbreviations. I decided to compile a list of acronyms because they are flying around here like crazy. Although I consider myself a fairly big fan of Jack White and his ventures, there are some I look at and take me a few minutes just to figure out. Obviously some are incredibly easy to figure out so if this has already been done or the Mod's think it's weak, you can totally delete it. Also, feel free to add to the list. I'll try my best to keep it updated.

WS - White Stripes
TDW - The Dead Weather
TMR - Third Man Records

RJ - Rob Jones
PM - Print Mafia
RSD - Record Store Day

BBS - Broken Boy Soldiers
UGWNL - Under Great White Northern Lights
WBC - White Blood Cells
SFTRI - ?

ICLAB - I Cut Like A Buffalo
HYFTH - Hang You From The Heavens
FFB - Fly Farm Blues
BBB - Blue Blood Blues
LSH - Let's Shake Hands
GITD - ?
GBMS - Get Behind Me Satan

TD - Triple Decker
B&B - Black & Blue

Hope this isn't too elementary for all of you. There are some more I've seen but I can't track them down or think of them right now.
SFTRI - Sympathy for the Record Industry
GITD - Glow in the Dark
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo

User avatar
rival
Little Ghost
Posts: 2084
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 pm
Location: Toronto-ish

Re: Someone Help Me With These Acronyms!

Post by rival » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm

littleacorn wrote:viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1327
heres a link to a thread
Thanks. That;s got quite a few more than what I have listed. I tried using the search tool before posting this thread and I couldn't find anything. If a mod wants to close this one down, that's cool.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.

User avatar
Acidman68
Little Acorn
Posts: 880
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Someone Help Me With These Acronyms!

Post by Acidman68 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 am

dylnfan wrote:
rival wrote:I don't know if it's my place to post this or not but I've been lurking for a while and every now and then I come across something and I have no clue what it is, specifically abbreviations. I decided to compile a list of acronyms because they are flying around here like crazy. Although I consider myself a fairly big fan of Jack White and his ventures, there are some I look at and take me a few minutes just to figure out. Obviously some are incredibly easy to figure out so if this has already been done or the Mod's think it's weak, you can totally delete it. Also, feel free to add to the list. I'll try my best to keep it updated.

WS - White Stripes
TDW - The Dead Weather
TMR - Third Man Records

RJ - Rob Jones
PM - Print Mafia
RSD - Record Store Day

BBS - Broken Boy Soldiers
UGWNL - Under Great White Northern Lights
WBC - White Blood Cells
SFTRI - ?

ICLAB - I Cut Like A Buffalo
HYFTH - Hang You From The Heavens
FFB - Fly Farm Blues
BBB - Blue Blood Blues
LSH - Let's Shake Hands
GITD - ?
GBMS - Get Behind Me Satan

TD - Triple Decker
B&B - Black & Blue

Hope this isn't too elementary for all of you. There are some more I've seen but I can't track them down or think of them right now.
SFTRI - Sympathy for the Record Industry
GITD - Glow in the Dark
Love this thread i always try n guess what they are without looking at the answer
TD - Triple Decker
WWTD -White Walled Triple Decker
Rare - means there will be another along soon :lol:
ISO http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=4096
Discogs Collection http://www.discogs.com/user/ahh-pg-
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/graeme.sinclair.77
i got a letter this morning what do you recon it read

User avatar
John Tom
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:35 am
Location: Cain's Ballroom

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by John Tom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:31 am

Gotcha! :thumbup:

Now, what does GRIM mean?
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White

cwja
Little Ghost
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by cwja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:25 am

John Tom wrote:Gotcha! :thumbup:

Now, what does GRIM mean?
http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =67&t=5336

User avatar
John Tom
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:35 am
Location: Cain's Ballroom

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by John Tom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:05 pm

cwja wrote:
John Tom wrote:Gotcha! :thumbup:

Now, what does GRIM mean?
http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =67&t=5336
Thanks!
At least I'm not racin' towards a red light…
--Det. Rust Cohle

Thank you, Tulsa. I can't even lie to you. I love your town so much. Tulsa is more America than America is America. God bless you. I love you. Thank you so much.
--Jack White

User avatar
scoliosispony
Little Acorn
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by scoliosispony » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:24 pm

WITWIACUS

Where in the world is a clear Upholsterers single
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Image

koala
Little Acorn
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: A Collector's abbreviation Dictionary

Post by koala » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:27 pm

WYFFML - Would You Fight For My Love
TBBL -That Black Bat Licorice
HBS - High Ball Stepper
MCHG - Magna Carta... Holy Grail

Post Reply