RIP Gold Dollar

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
shaneoftheroad
Little People

RIP Gold Dollar

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Though it was slowly crumbling into dust anyway, the Gold Dollar is burning as we speak. They say it's a total loss. What a shame, so much history in that building. Raise a glass.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: RIP Gold Dollar

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Well this bites. For some reason I thought it had been torn down and during a spin through the cass corridor this month lamented never having seen it. Fark.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: RIP Gold Dollar

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 pm Well this bites. For some reason I thought it had been torn down and during a spin through the cass corridor this month lamented never having seen it. Fark.
I thought I remember reading a few years ago that it was torn down but yeah, clearly I was wrong.

Did it say what caused the fire? I know here in our city, as much history as some of these buildings hold, they are close to falling down and expensive to fix but are heritage buildings so they cannot be torn down to rebuild new buildings so they mysteriously catch on fire sometimes...