RIP Woody

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
dmdv1
Little Ghost

RIP Woody

Post by dmdv1 »

So Friday afternoon surrounded by family and friends my beloved husband of 29 years Jeffrey Scott Harned passed away after a long battle with lung cancer. Your thoughts and prayers for Eric Harned and Kelly D. Harned would be most appreciated.
This was posted to Scotts account by his wife Susan Pierce Harned
Never trust a hippy
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: RIP Woody

Post by Aquamarine »

RIP. Too young.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

I think we need to find out if the family needs our help financially although I imagine Woody was well insured
Never trust a hippy
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

It had been a long battle, he and I talked about it a good bit as we both found out we had cancer about the same time back in 2014.
Sadly his turned out to be something much more complicated than mine. The treatments he went through were pretty aggressive and he had some signs of hope along the way but sadly in the end it turned out this way. He took a lot of time to spend with his family and travel while undergoing all this.

Here's my little tribute to Woody
I'll never forget the shows I was at with him, he was always right up front at the stage and the tallest guy in the room with his head bobbin to the groove as you can see here in this H&J video I made at the May 2011 Vault Party in Nashville.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIRACpy14g

Keep em spinnin up there for us Woody...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Very glad to hear that your treatment was successful, Mark. And that's exactly how I'm always going to remember Woody, too. I didn't have extensive conversations with him through his illness, but every time I checked in with him he was his usual chipper, positive self. He had a truly sweet soul and my heart goes out to his family.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dmdv1 wrote:I think we need to find out if the family needs our help financially although I imagine Woody was well insured
Yeah, its so sad. Way too young. Him and I talked on here quite a lot through PMs. I know he didn't really want too many to know about it when he found out but he almost instantly started doing what he could to help out his family once he passed. Super amazing and caring guy. He started selling a lot of TMR stuff when he found out to get save the money for his family. Really puts things into perspective when you find out that sort of news.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

He was always so kind to me. I spent quite a bit of time with him early on at TMR. It was always a great time hanging out with him in line. This is a shock for me. I had no idea it had progressed so far. He told me what he was going through last August but he seemed optimistic. This is quite a blow to our community here. My thoughts are with his family. He will be missed. Wow.
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Rest in peace, Woody. Like a lot of us here I had many conversations with Woody and his wife and son over the years at Third Man events. We mostly talked about a shared love of all things Jack and Titans football, and he was always a go-to "howdy" at Blue Room shows and record sales. Gone far too soon, but definitely not to be forgotten. Condolences to friends and family.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

We hadn't talked for a while, but I'd also spent a lot of time with him shooting the breeze. RIP Woody.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Scott's positive attitude and warm, embracing personality will be missed, both here and in the queue. My deepest condolences to his family.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

I remember Radio City 1 and hearing him yell Alabama in response to Jack's(?) question about where people were from. I was siting no where near him...and walking down 6th avenue sharing a smoke with him amongst throngs of people. A great fun guy.
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Shocked. Had no clue. I'll echo Mark's comment that I'll always remember him head bobbin' at the front of the room. Super nice guy and always fun to chat with in the queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

no secret that we never got along, but I am still very saddened by this news... RIP Woody! And FUCK CANCER!
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Oh my! I had no idea! Woody was one of the first people I ever met from here in real life. Just yesterday I was wondering why I hadn't seen him post in a while and clicked on his profile to see when the last time he had posted was. Now I know why. So sad. Rest in peace, buddy.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

we had our differences at times, but he was always a good guy and his love for his family was so easy to see at all times. my condolences go out to them. 59 is just far too young...
he is everything i hate...