RIP Woody

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: RIP Woody

Post by Kali Durga »

elduderino wrote:his love for his family was so easy to see at all times.
This.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

elduderino wrote:we had our differences at times, but he was always a good guy and his love for his family was so easy to see at all times. my condolences go out to them. 59 is just far too young...
Shockingly Woody was only 51. Friggin unbelievable
Never trust a hippy
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

dmdv1 wrote:
elduderino wrote:we had our differences at times, but he was always a good guy and his love for his family was so easy to see at all times. my condolences go out to them. 59 is just far too young...
Shockingly Woody was only 51. Friggin unbelievable
oh. not sure where i got 59 from. doesn't make me feel any better...
he is everything i hate...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

This is still so bizarre. For what it's worth, no matter how you all feel about me, you all mean something to me. At least a little, all of you. You're part of my history and I appreciate you. Scott, man. So strange you're gone. But you were one of us.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Been away on vacation for a while, just seeing this . . . very very sad . . . Scott was a damn fine man, we had many conversations, and for the longest time he was very upbeat about what was an extremely dire situation. I was able to give him one last "gift" that could have gotten me in some trouble but it was worth the risk. He was very thankful, and I was glad to do it. I feel very sad for his family, who have to now deal with a boatload of emotions with his passing and dealing with the emptiness he leaves. Rest in peace, buddy . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

I really thought I would have another chance to speak/chat/IM/email with him again. :shock: :shock:
Me being absent for awhile certainly carries a toll. RIP Alabama Fella, long live your good natured spirit. Had a few more words, but have lost them, as this really saddens me. #fuckcancer
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Wow, this is a total surprise to me, it's never good to lose someone but it's even worse when it's someone like Woody :(
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Damn,

Woody was the nicest fella - a welcome friendly chap on my family trip to Nashville from the UK - he sought me out and I had a good long chat with him in line.

Also was kind enough to help me acquire the paint by numbers 7s and shipped them for me to a friend in LA - perfect antidote when a Detroit jetset pipsqueak failed to live up to his many promises.

Thank you Woody for all the fun times and invaluable help collecting over the years
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Very sad news, a shock to me.

We bought, sold, traded a lot early on.

Condolences to the Harned family.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Sad news indeed.
So young.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

This is Susan. Checking Scott's/Woody's media stuff. Thank you everyone for the kind words. He would be totally shocked. Hope to see y'all at some shows soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Alabama Woody wrote:This is Susan. Checking Scott's/Woody's media stuff. Thank you everyone for the kind words. He would be totally shocked. Hope to see y'all at some shows soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Probably won't see you anytime soon. Hope you are all holding up ok x
Never trust a hippy