Sun Records on CMT

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Sun Records on CMT

Post by arewhyehen »

Just saw the trailer for this. Apparently the first episode aired last week. Anyone catch it? If it's any good, I hope they keep it around for longer than 1 season. I was so bummed out when HBO cancelled Vinyl after it's first season.

Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Re: Sun Records on CMT

Post by Aquamarine »

I taped it, have yet to watch as I forgot all about it in the recent craziness!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:I taped it, have yet to watch as I forgot all about it in the recent craziness!

I just downloaded the first episode and gave it a watch. It starts out slow. Will have to see how the second episode is. I wonder how true the plot lines are with Johnny Cash, Elvis and JLL
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I just learned Pokey makes an appearance as Hank Snow in one of these episodes . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I love it. Will definitely be watching. Also makes me want to head down to Memphis again. Haven't been since that Jack show years ago.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

woodisgood wrote:I just learned Pokey makes an appearance as Hank Snow in one of these episodes . . .
That's pretty cool. Speaking of random appearances on shows...a guy that works at TMR Nashville (long hair and scruffy...James??) has an appearance in Nashville the tv show as Juliette Barnes' moms drug addict boyfriend hahaha. We were talking to him at the TMR pressing opening and he was telling us. Checked it out and it's legit.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I love it. Will definitely be watching. Also makes me want to head down to Memphis again. Haven't been since that Jack show years ago.
Have you been keeping up with it?

Just mentioned in the other thread that a few weeks ago was the episode where Elvis records My Happiness at Sun Records.. Kinda cool to watch and have that tie to TMR.

Pokey LaFarge is also playing Hank Snow on the show and has been a fair regular character lately.

The show started out a bit slow but I have been really hooked lately.
edwardcarlton
Little Bird

Post by edwardcarlton »

The only thing worse than the acting and choppy story lines are the historical inaccuracies. This show is like most of the programing on CMT, just plain terrible. I watched all six episodes and refuse to watch it anymore.

*Pokey's character is Hank Snow, not Hank Williams.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

edwardcarlton wrote:The only thing worse than the acting and choppy story lines are the historical inaccuracies. This show is like most of the programing on CMT, just plain terrible. I watched all six episodes and refuse to watch it anymore.

*Pokey's character is Hank Snow, not Hank Williams.
Tell us how you really feel.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The acting is fine. The guy playing Elvis completely embodies him, same with Jerry Lee and Johnny Cash. The historical inaccuracies are nearly criminal, I'll give you that much. haha It's certainly revisionist history at best but it's still an enjoyable show.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:The acting is fine. The guy playing Elvis completely embodies him, same with Jerry Lee and Johnny Cash. The historical inaccuracies are nearly criminal, I'll give you that much. haha It's certainly revisionist history at best but it's still an enjoyable show.
It's TV. I never expected the storylines to be historically accurate. It's just an interesting show to watch. As was Vinyl when it was on. Not accurate, but interesting to say the least.

For those of you who don't like it because it's inaccurate, there's always teen mom and the Kardashians. I hear it's pretty true to their lives.. :lol: