A Swirl Resurgence?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
shaneoftheroad
Little People

A Swirl Resurgence?

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Heya, jerks! I'm noticing this place is becoming more active again and it's defrosting my cold, cold soul. It's like people coming back to vinyl after realizing CD's and digital can't compare. These happy days are yours and mine. Happy days.
higherlimits
Little People

Re: A Swirl Resurgence?

Post by higherlimits »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Heya, jerks! I'm noticing this place is becoming more active again and it's defrosting my cold, cold soul. It's like people coming back to vinyl after realizing CD's and digital can't compare. These happy days are yours and mine. Happy days.
All it takes is some TMR activity and people are here.. this place essentially matches general interest in what TMR is doing. If the White Stripes went on Tour this place would be hectic!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

higherlimits wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Heya, jerks! I'm noticing this place is becoming more active again and it's defrosting my cold, cold soul. It's like people coming back to vinyl after realizing CD's and digital can't compare. These happy days are yours and mine. Happy days.
All it takes is some TMR activity and people are here.. this place essentially matches general interest in what TMR is doing. If the White Stripes went on Tour this place would be hectic!
Agreed.

And once again I'm reminded by my ignorance in the early 2000's. haha Can't believe I didn't discover the Stripes until a few months before they broke up.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Its funny, I still check the swirl out of habit all the time even if I stopped posting

But yeah I agree JW related releases and touring really bring back folks. It would be cool to see traffic patterns over years and map that to releases / touring
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
Agreed.

And once again I'm reminded by my ignorance in the early 2000's. haha Can't believe I didn't discover the Stripes until a few months before they broke up.
I am with you here...though I was pretty young while they were in their prime.

But yeah it's nice to see this place slowly coming back to life. It's usual the regulars who are the first to come back and it's a nice environment (like now). Then TMR or Jack does something big and all the crazies come back...then it's no more fun and the regulars go back into hiding..haha
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

arewhyehen wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
Agreed.

I am with you here...though I was pretty young while they were in their prime.

But yeah it's nice to see this place slowly coming back to life. It's usual the regulars who are the first to come back and it's a nice environment (like now). Then TMR or Jack does something big and all the crazies come back...then it's no more fun and the regulars go back into hiding..haha
I started listening to the White Stripes in 2001 so I didn't miss any of that, I did miss out on all the merch and stuff I could have gotten for cheap though! I didn't buy anything until Elephant came out and I bought that on Vinyl the day it was released, and then bought Blackpool lights on their website as a presale. I wish I knew then what I know now about all the posters and records and stuff, I could have gotten everything so cheap!
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I think we all wish that was the case.
Glad to see peeps are still alive
Grim
I am everything you hate...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Grimtale wrote:I think we all wish that was the case.
Grim
Likewise, sir. Cool seeing your name here.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

higherlimits wrote:I started listening to the White Stripes in 2001 so I didn't miss any of that, I did miss out on all the merch and stuff I could have gotten for cheap though! I didn't buy anything until Elephant came out and I bought that on Vinyl the day it was released, and then bought Blackpool lights on their website as a presale. I wish I knew then what I know now about all the posters and records and stuff, I could have gotten everything so cheap!
What I wouldn't give to experience just one show from that era. Dammit.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Grim
I read swirl pretty much every day, just don't post much :-)
I am everything you hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Grimtale wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Grim
I read swirl pretty much every day, just don't post much :-)
Ditto. Lurking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I strayed to... the other camp for a bit there.
The instantaneous and convenient posting there drew me in, but the overzealous fantacism pushed me far, far away.
There needs to be a culling, and this place for better or for worse does just that.
I'm happy to be back home and only peeking over the fence every now and again.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Yep I check posts every day too
Never trust a hippy
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I strayed to... the other camp for a bit there.
The instantaneous and convenient posting there drew me in, but the overzealous fantacism pushed me far, far away.
There needs to be a culling, and this place for better or for worse does just that.
I'm happy to be back home and only peeking over the fence every now and again.
I also like how this place is a time capsule. Everything that was said 7 years ago is still somewhere to be found. So any discussions we had regarding releases, shows, meeting new people, anything. It's all still here. If you want information about a release, merchandise, shows, whatever. It's all here, in great detail. I love it.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

dmdv1 wrote:Yep I check posts every day too
i also pop in to see if chavs are about...
he is everything i hate...