That record is worth what?!?!

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

That record is worth what?!?!

Post by rsimms3 »

So, I don't really follow market trends outside of TMR stuff so sometimes I'm sort of surprised what parts of my collection are bringing on eBay or Discogs. I was looking for something the other day on eBay and the title was crossed over with The Killers. I decided to browse around to see what was new and what stuff was bringing. I was pretty surprised to see Day and Age selling in the $100-$200 range. Another I just thought of and looked up is REM - UP which is chiming in around $90-$125. Both records I bought at the time just for kicks or to listen to casually. How about your collection, any hidden gems? (TMR records don't count, any of their limited editions had high values from the jump).
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: That record is worth what?!?!

Post by Stl_ben »

Been trying to get a reasonable prized copy of Day & Age for a a few years now. Hope they repress it soon like they have with every thing else.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

I actually sold Day and Age for close to $200 a few years back which was surprising. I put a bunch of records I wasn't listening to on eBay and that was one of them. I'd bought it New when it came out, maybe even on release day.

WU LYF stuff all sells for a lot now. I have all 3 vinyl releases because I was really into them. There's a copy of the first Freelance Whales record in the wall at my local for I think $60. I bought that album at their show and got half the band to sign it.

Oh and I have the DMM pressings of 5 bjork records including the first 3 LPs. Those sell for a lot these days too even though there's a million pressings of those albums now. They sound gorgeous, so I guess that's why.

Most of my other real valuable stuff are tour only stuff and various Pearl Jam releases.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

There are two records I bought at a local record store when they came out just for the music that I found out are actually worth something.

The Killers - Hot Fuss, original 2004 on Blue vinyl >$150
Pearl Jam - Self Titled >$250
Acidman68
Little Acorn

Post by Acidman68 »

Pretty much a load pressed in the 80s just the CD came out ie Garbage ,cramberrys ,Muse, cardigans the list goes on
Some rush also first press Nazareth Zeppelin etc
i have picked up a few these for a good price and a big diffrence in the UK ver US release :D
ISO http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=4096
Discogs Collection http://www.discogs.com/user/ahh-pg-
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/graeme.sinclair.77
i got a letter this morning what do you recon it read
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Jamie T - Panic Prevention LP - £250 according to popsike
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Blind Melon-S/T
Blind Melon- Soup
Orig. presses of course.
And I do get surprised on the cost of acquisition on some old/real country western stuff.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
wuzzie22
Little Bird

Post by wuzzie22 »

Demon Days.