Guitar Pick Display?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Guitar Pick Display?

Post by arewhyehen »

I have put all my picks from over the years in these display cases with foam protectors in order to keep them safe an label them with the band member, band name, date and city of the show. I have been looking for some cool ways to put all of these to put them all on display, but haven't really come up with anything that has been too exciting. A few thoughts were to get a giant mason jar so that you can see them through the glass, but I would like the jar to be music related like the RRS jar, or QOTSA nug jar, but both are too small. Another idea was too put them in a record bowl, which might be sort of cool...

Now, I am open to your thoughts if you have any cool ideas...

I have 80 picks right now, all of which are in a case that are about 2.5-3"
Picks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Guitar Pick Display?

Post by JonnyH »

Are those containers double sided? Is it important to see the other side? If not then I would make some sort of wall display: either attaching them to something(like a wood cutout) or just attaching the pick containers to the wall in some sort of design.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

JonnyH wrote:Are those containers double sided? Is it important to see the other side? If not then I would make some sort of wall display: either attaching them to something(like a wood cutout) or just attaching the pick containers to the wall in some sort of design.
They are double sided and it is important to be able to see both sides. I would like to be able to pick them up and handle them easily, so something like a wall display or table display under glass isn't something I really want to do.

The foam is actually cut to the shape of the picks in order to display both sides. They are pretty great actually. I also have info written on the front and back.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Can you send me some of those cases? I think I only need a dozen or so..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:Can you send me some of those cases? I think I only need a dozen or so..
You can buy them in 12 packs. They aren't too cheap when you have a lot of picks..ha

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/400667393571?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

You've got yourself a great collection there.
I ought to take my 2012 pick out of the metal mint case I've kept it in since I got it and upgrade to one of those.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Oh, and since I've only collected the one pick I haven't much to add in ways of cool suggestions.
My plan was to frame it along with the Brittany Howard signed ticket and Rob Jones poster from that evening, but obviously that has yet to happen.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Oh, and since I've only collected the one pick I haven't much to add in ways of cool suggestions.
My plan was to frame it along with the Brittany Howard signed ticket and Rob Jones poster from that evening, but obviously that has yet to happen.
Hahah yeah, funny how that works out eh? It will happen one of these days. Find a cool way to frame it, then go for it.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:You've got yourself a great collection there.
I ought to take my 2012 pick out of the metal mint case I've kept it in since I got it and upgrade to one of those.
Thanks. I really wish I would have started when I was a teenager and started going to shows. This is 3 or 4 years off and on. I could have started 12-13 years ago haha

I wish I could find a big cool metal case or something.