Desert Trip

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Desert Trip

Post by arewhyehen »

Decent line up...

I'm not sure any of us can afford to go...

higherlimits
Little People

Re: Desert Trip

Post by higherlimits »

I saw the rumours a while ago, it seems like it could be fun but I've already seen 5 of the 6 acts before. I don't think I'll be spending money on flights, accommodation and tickets to see them again. I'm actually seeing The Who on Sunday..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Well if you don't want to go..you can buy a ticket for me. I'll cover the flights and accommodation.

I may start a gofundme page. This would be a dream...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

This is one of those things I hope against hope I don't talk myself into . . . I feel pretty safe at the moment, though, not least because of the money factor.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:This is one of those things I hope against hope I don't talk myself into . . . I feel pretty safe at the moment, though, not least because of the money factor.
I'm already looking for someone to buy my kidney...
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

Prices didn't seem that bad.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

ochfish707 wrote:Prices didn't seem that bad.
GA Pit at the front of the stage is $1599+$91 in fees. That's like $2000 Canadian. Plus flights. Accommodation. Parking. Food. Seems like you gotta pay for everything. Probably have to pay to use the shitter.

Side note: did you know you have to pay to use the bathroom at public places in Ireland? What the hell man..
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

The fact that they spread it across 3 days has me hoping that they each play at least 3-4 hour sets. Would love to attend this even if its in the GA in the back
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bkramer10 wrote:The fact that they spread it across 3 days has me hoping that they each play at least 3-4 hour sets. Would love to attend this even if its in the GA in the back
I believe I read that the doors open at 2pm every day..... I would sure as hell hope they play for 2-3 hours each. I didn't even think of that. Dammit...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm doing Dessert Trip instead this year.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Oldchella???
he is everything i hate...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:
bkramer10 wrote:The fact that they spread it across 3 days has me hoping that they each play at least 3-4 hour sets. Would love to attend this even if its in the GA in the back
I believe I read that the doors open at 2pm every day..... I would sure as hell hope they play for 2-3 hours each. I didn't even think of that. Dammit...
The Stones won't play for more than two hours (based on the fact that they never do)--don't know about the others. I doubt Dylan is up for a 3 hour set, though it's been announced that all bands will be playing full sets and not truncated festival-type sets.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
The Stones won't play for more than two hours (based on the fact that they never do)--don't know about the others. I doubt Dylan is up for a 3 hour set, though it's been announced that all bands will be playing full sets and not truncated festival-type sets.
Are you contemplating a little??? haha
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

arewhyehen wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Are you contemplating a little??? haha
Who, moi? :lol: My bank account isn't contemplating it at all, unfortunately, though.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

I'd totally go if I could talk the Mrs. into it...all of these guys still put on great shows and what a great opportunity to see them in one weekend. And it would be a great excuse to see Ochfish and the fam. :thumbup:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo