Visiting Detroit

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Visiting Detroit

Post by Kali Durga »

love_islander wrote:"fowling" sounds like some chickens are going to have a bad day
Yeah, when I first heard about it, I got it briefly confused with feather bowling, which is another Detroit thing. Fowls, feathers, Detroit's got some sort of weird bird thing going on.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Jamie wrote:Image
:lol: I thought the same thing
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:Tops for me would be if anyone knows of a good arcade bar?
Here, Ben-- http://www.punchbowlsocial.com/location/detroit
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Is there a good site that has a concert calendar for Detroit shows that any of you would recommend? May as well see if there is any bands in town worth checking out while I'm there.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:Is there a good site that has a concert calendar for Detroit shows that any of you would recommend? May as well see if there is any bands in town worth checking out while I'm there.

Not sure of a site, but I use the bandsintown app. You can search any city and put in a date range to see all shows in that area during that time.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:
love_islander wrote:"fowling" sounds like some chickens are going to have a bad day
Yeah, when I first heard about it, I got it briefly confused with feather bowling, which is another Detroit thing. Fowls, feathers, Detroit's got some sort of weird bird thing going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody