Record Store Day 2016

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Record Store Day 2016

Post by Kali Durga »

Damn, I want that, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

No TMR releases this year on the UK list. Does this mean nothing at all, or just a delayed announcement?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Have TMR releases ever been on the official RSD list before TMR's own announcement?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Have TMR releases ever been on the official RSD list before TMR's own announcement?
I don't think so. If any have been, it was just the white stripes singles and never the "big" items.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

When was the TMR pressing plant to unveiled?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

chubby checker live at tmr on rsd?!
he is everything i hate...
chaptertwentyone
Little People

elduderino wrote:chubby checker live at tmr on rsd?!
Ha?
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I'd buy that.

chaptertwentyone wrote:When was the TMR pressing plant to unveiled?
I don't think they've given a time-frame yet.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

The company will also be opening a 10,000-square-foot vinyl record pressing plant. Eight machines have been purchased from Germany and are expected to be delivered in January, according to Swank, with the plant operational by spring -- although he added that Third Man will also maintain its current relationship with United Record Pressing in Nashville..."
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

So, yeah.
Could a TMR pressed RSD release be a thing?
Maybe.
I don't know.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Well, there ya go, you answered your own question. TMR posted a photo this morning of muddy tire tracks across the floor in the pressing room, so they're obviously doing some kind of work. Cutting it tight for RSD, but that's nothing new for them (LFR...).
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Kali Durga wrote:Well, there ya go, you answered your own question. TMR posted a photo this morning of muddy tire tracks across the floor in the pressing room, so they're obviously doing some kind of work. Cutting it tight for RSD, but that's nothing new for them (LFR...).
Just seeing that now.
Well, I'm inclined to say that gives our predictions a little weight.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Could TMR have something pressed in Detroit? Anything is possible.

Do I think they would have something ready by then? I doubt it. When I was there just after the opening I didn't get the impression they had a date of delivery for the machines. Installation of pressing equipment takes a good chunk of time and may require specific permits. I'm thinking about heading over there on a day off next week, if things fall into place I could report back.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chaptertwentyone
Little People

rsimms3 wrote:Could TMR have something pressed in Detroit? Anything is possible.

Do I think they would have something ready by then? I doubt it. When I was there just after the opening I didn't get the impression they had a date of delivery for the machines. Installation of pressing equipment takes a good chunk of time and may require specific permits. I'm thinking about heading over there on a day off next week, if things fall into place I could report back.
Yeah, I guess you're right.
For now, they can just outsource to the Crosley plant.
BAH-ZING!
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

rsimms3 wrote:Could TMR have something pressed in Detroit? Anything is possible.

godspeed simms! and could you buy me a tmr wreckers hockey jersey and have dean fertita sign it?! that would be awfully cool of you.

thanks.
he is everything i hate...