Trade gone wrong

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Trade gone wrong

Post by pgharf »

I haven't ever done a trade before, so I don't know if there's anything I can do or should do in regards to what has just happened to me (this trade didn't occur through Swirl, FYI).

Agreed to a trade with someone. We agreed we'd both ship the items out today. I packaged everything, sent it, and he just messaged me that now he wants to sell the record instead. I now no longer have a plethora of items I shipped to him today, and I'm not getting the record he had agreed to send me either. Has anyone had this happen? I know there isn't much I can do, but any advice would be welcome.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Trade gone wrong

Post by shaneoftheroad »

pgharf wrote:I haven't ever done a trade before, so I don't know if there's anything I can do or should do in regards to what has just happened to me (this trade didn't occur through Swirl, FYI).

Agreed to a trade with someone. We agreed we'd both ship the items out today. I packaged everything, sent it, and he just messaged me that now he wants to sell the record instead. I now no longer have a plethora of items I shipped to him today, and I'm not getting the record he had agreed to send me either. Has anyone had this happen? I know there isn't much I can do, but any advice would be welcome.
If it's someone known in this community I'm sure they'll ship the records back to you. But that's still a major MAJOR foul in our world. If you change your mind once the deal is in motion the general rule is "too bad." He should have never pulled out after you shipped. Honor is a big deal within our system. If you say you're gonna do something, do it.

If this happened to me and the person is known to us, I would GENTLY tell them to send my package right back to me without opening it (tracking with signature required at THEIR expense). If they refuse then the only thing you can really do is out their names here so nobody else falls victim. Hopefully they'll agree to send the stuff back with adequate tracking and signature confirmation (to protect you if they say they sent it and you never get it). Sorry that happened to you.
Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

pgharf wrote:I haven't ever done a trade before, so I don't know if there's anything I can do or should do in regards to what has just happened to me (this trade didn't occur through Swirl, FYI).

I have not had experience with something like this. I wouldnt trade with or trust anybody on the internet that is not on the swirl. What website did you meed this person through?

Depending on where you found him your options seem pretty limited. First thing I would do is ensure he doesnt cheat you, ask him to send the records back to you as soon as he gets them. Sucks he backed out of the trade but it would really suck if he just disappeared with your stuff. I dont think you would be able to force him into a trade, if he changed his mind thats bad trading etiquette but he probably isnt going to change his mind no matter how much you scold him.
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

It occurred in a Facebook group. I've been after this particular record for awhile. I gave the guy everything he asked for on his trade list. And now he is going to post the record that was promised to me for sale in the same group. He said he will ship everything back to me at his expense, but I'm still pissed as hell.
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

maybe post over there about the situation without naming names. then that person will be able to see the community response...sometimes (by no means always) people just need a different perspective in order to decide to do the right thing.

sucks that happened
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Dude, if you get all your records back without your package being opened and they come back to you in the same shape you sent them, be thankful. This has the makings of a bad ending . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
shadynuts
Little Cream Soda

Post by shadynuts »

I say call them out....people need to know...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Definitely call them out
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Didn't someone here call a guy's parents to say their son scammed them?
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Don't call them out until they send your records back.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

bkramer10 wrote:Didn't someone here call a guy's parents to say their son scammed them?
yeah, that IamFrank fella. Called kevron's mum.
Classy Frank, as I like to call him.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
big3
Little Bird

Post by big3 »

sorry to hear about this
Last edited by big3 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

pgharf wrote:It occurred in a Facebook group. I've been after this particular record for awhile. I gave the guy everything he asked for on his trade list. And now he is going to post the record that was promised to me for sale in the same group. He said he will ship everything back to me at his expense, but I'm still pissed as hell.
even if he ships everything back you are out the cost of mailing it to him....Call the guy out ....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.