Adam what are you doing to mice?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Re: Adam what are you doing to mice?

Post by Tonic&Gin »

I make smoothies and point to where the straws are.

Seriously people, it's not that hard to find the straws! They are in that straw length box! :twisted:
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

this thread is hysterical. reminds me why i love you boys. hilarious :lol:
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I am down at the lake with the kids limited internet access. Look forward to getting back home to wrap up our discussion on Adam's science experiments with mice, my wife's weird gestational period and the problems we are experiencing with inbreeding in Kentucky.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

I would like to hear more about what other people's work day is like. Please include any stories involving blenders.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Numbers + Blender = Accounting :)

Nah, there's not much to describe at my job.. well, I'm not actually working right now, I don't start work again until October, I'm still on Education leave...

Basically what I do is Audit though. I take financial statements from companies (Large, public companies that you know and love as well as smaller private companies..) and test every single thing on there to make sure that it's right. Companies require audits of their financial statements for capital markets (like NYSE or Nasdaq, or TSX in Canada) or for because their bank requires it. It's tons of fun :)
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

7th_son wrote:I would like to hear more about what other people's work day is like. Please include any stories involving blenders.
Someone asked for a raspberry rip once.

IT'S A FUCKING RASPBERRY RIPE! RIPE GOD DAMIT!
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Tonic&Gin wrote:
7th_son wrote:I would like to hear more about what other people's work day is like. Please include any stories involving blenders.
Someone asked for a raspberry rip once.

IT'S A FUCKING RASPBERRY RIPE! RIPE GOD DAMIT!
I am a big fan of smoothies, it's like getting all of your vitamins for the day in one batch. Then you don't have to bother with those ridiculous fruits and vegtables all day. Ridiculous. Blue Moon is my favorite. What do you think is in that one Taro?
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

blue moon is yummy beer :D
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

What I do..... well as one of my coworkers puts it, I work for one of the two evil empires (Wal-mart being the other one of them). My company is the largest privately held company in the world and pretty much controls a large portion of the worlds food supply. My particular business unit is in the corn processing business and some products that you may be familiar with are corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup (the sweetener found in nearly every soda/beverage), corn starches, and a variety of cattle/livestock feed products. My particular role in this is that of a project engineer. When new construction/efficiency/product lines are thought up, I am the one that organized, manages, and implements these projects. My work includes designing various systems, ordering equipment/material, construction supervision, and commissioning the project once construction is complete. My current project involves the renovation of our old coal powered boiler that we use to generate steam for the plant. I currently supervising and organizing construction, which means I check the work that has been done and point out where the contractors have fucked up and tell them to fix it. The contractors I currently have working for me are of the boilermaker trade and are some of the roughest crews I have ever worked with. I would say with confidence that about 75% of them are ex-cons and the other 25% are probably future-cons. I have never had so many behavior problems with contractors in my life. I have to kick 2-3 guys off site every week for breaking our policies whether it's smoking in areas that are full of coal dust or coming to work so drunk that they get stuck in the walk-thru turn gate that you go through to get into the plant.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I am a High School Computer teacher
I work in a small town 2h drive far from my hometown

So pretty much max 18x45 mins per week=Plenty of free time to spend on the internet looking for stuff to buy to blow my credit card bill
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

trickster wrote:I am a High School Computer teacher
I work in a small town 2h drive far from my hometown

So pretty much max 18x45 mins per week=Plenty of free time to spend on the internet looking for stuff to buy to blow my credit card bill
i can already imagine you on any jack white related online onsales/presales. I would've loved to have a cpu teacher in HS that loved the stripes and who would hold up class just for some 45's to go onsale.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

:lol:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

3quid wrote:What I do..... well as one of my coworkers puts it, I work for one of the two evil empires (Wal-mart being the other one of them). My company is the largest privately held company in the world and pretty much controls a large portion of the worlds food supply. My particular business unit is in the corn processing business and some products that you may be familiar with are corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup (the sweetener found in nearly every soda/beverage), corn starches, and a variety of cattle/livestock feed products. My particular role in this is that of a project engineer. When new construction/efficiency/product lines are thought up, I am the one that organized, manages, and implements these projects. My work includes designing various systems, ordering equipment/material, construction supervision, and commissioning the project once construction is complete. My current project involves the renovation of our old coal powered boiler that we use to generate steam for the plant. I currently supervising and organizing construction, which means I check the work that has been done and point out where the contractors have fucked up and tell them to fix it. The contractors I currently have working for me are of the boilermaker trade and are some of the roughest crews I have ever worked with. I would say with confidence that about 75% of them are ex-cons and the other 25% are probably future-cons. I have never had so many behavior problems with contractors in my life. I have to kick 2-3 guys off site every week for breaking our policies whether it's smoking in areas that are full of coal dust or coming to work so drunk that they get stuck in the walk-thru turn gate that you go through to get into the plant.

Wow you pretty much control a large portion of the worlds food supply? You are definitely part of the "New World Order". I have worked with the Boilermakers too and your description is very accurate, most of them are on meth and we had fist fights on the worksite just about everyday.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote: Wow you pretty much control a large portion of the worlds food supply?
You have no idea how much my company has to do with the worlds food. Below is a quote from an article about "Corporations That Control the Wolrd's Food"

"It is these corporations (my employer and our main competitor [which I used to work for]) that decide who will live and who will starve."
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

3quid wrote:
kevron6 wrote: Wow you pretty much control a large portion of the worlds food supply?
You have no idea how much my company has to do with the worlds food. Below is a quote from an article about "Corporations That Control the Wolrd's Food"

"It is these corporations (my employer and our main competitor [which I used to work for]) that decide who will live and who will starve."
So don't piss me off, or else it may be your country that experiences the next food shortage.