Whiteswirl exlclusive poster who is interested?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Re: Whiteswirl exlclusive poster who is interested?

Post by Scheckywhite »

Black Record on Red BG is my favourite.
Not a fan of the beachball-esque of the swirl.
I am of the opinion that the swirl is not copyrighted in anyway with the band, so cannot see the harm in using it.
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

kevron6 wrote:
LaurieAK wrote:Was my "spiral" suggestions rejected?
I don't hate the latest off-center version, but am curious to see what a red & white spriral would look like. I am just one voice.

Is the white background white because it is an example or is it in lieu of the red?
I really like the red background examples.

And getting that true red (Rob Jones) seems critical to get it right. Right?

Laurie no ones design was rejected we had the artist play with several different designs. I think a spiral might get you to close back to a peppermint which we have been asked not to do. As far as the red version a second version is entirely possible with a red background but we thought the white looked really clean and the negative space it provide in the image really works. We are open to all suggestions but would like to get a small editin of the white printed up and then possibly look at other colorways based on interest.
Well, okay, but I'd argue that a Spiral is not really anything like a peppermint swirl, 'cept they are two colours.

On another post you mention using 3's. With the binary 0's and 1's prominent in this piece, I wonder if something like that might be too confusing as a general concept (?)
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Scheckywhite wrote:Black Record on Red BG is my favourite.
Not a fan of the beachball-esque of the swirl.
I am of the opinion that the swirl is not copyrighted in anyway with the band, so cannot see the harm in using it.
Agree x3
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

I agree that of course a peppermint design is not a copyright of the Stripes and of course there should be no problem using it and it looks damned good...but, there is the Respect factor and if Ben (or whoever it was that was contacted) thought it was not a good idea, I'm on the side of respecting that opinion and moving on from there.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Using a peppermint is NOT the issue. The issue is that if it looks like a white stripes poster and it feels like a white stripes poster and it smells like a white stripes poster we can't sell it.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

What if it tastes like a White Stripes poster? Can we sell it?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yes. but we might need to pay royalties
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I think we might offer both a red and white version of the poster. That should solve some of the problems we are having with the discussion over the color.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

I want scratch n' sniff!!!!!!!!!!

edit: I just realized my Von Munz has beachball thingies on it...thought it was worth mentioning
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

okay is everyone cool with the swirlie thingy and offering both a red and white version? Any other design issues concerns or anything else?
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

I know I'm being waaay too vocal. I'll shut up after this (till next time!)

You are talking about a red and a white background, right?

Why not the two red backgrounds with the one black and one white record?
Those are still my faves...and as a pair, I think they'd look more 'matched.'

And the beachball-esque swirly thing is what you are referring to, right?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Well we figured that a red background and a white background gave people choices on which one they wanted. As far as the white record one it is a cool idea but maybe we can look at doing that one down the road. This is just the begining of some hopefully bigger things to come(we hope). I am refering to the beach ball type swirlie thing a majiggy in the center of the record. I think we will probably do editions of 20 of a white and red poster. If you want one please let us know in the thread. I know four of them are already spoken for so that leaves 16 of each. If they do not sell out on this website we may offer them to others but for now we want to make sure all members who want one get one.
LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Post by LaurieAK »

kevron6 wrote:Well we figured that a red background and a white background gave people choices on which one they wanted. As far as the white record one it is a cool idea but maybe we can look at doing that one down the road. This is just the begining of some hopefully bigger things to come(we hope). I am refering to the beach ball type swirlie thing a majiggy in the center of the record. I think we will probably do editions of 20 of a white and red poster. If you want one please let us know in the thread. I know four of them are already spoken for so that leaves 16 of each. If they do not sell out on this website we may offer them to others but for now we want to make sure all members who want one get one.
So to be clear when you say "I think we will probably do editions of 20 of a white and red poster."

You are saying one with a white background (20) and one with a red background (another 20), both black vinyl, correct?

If yes, I'll take one of each.
If no, you mean only one type poster, that is also YES.

Thanks. And sorry for being a pain!
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Sorry for not clarifying but we do mean one red background black vinyl and one white background black vinyl.

You are not being a pain just asking questions and making suggestions. I encourage people to be vocal about what they dislike or like about the design. The whole idea of this poster is something that the whole community will be into and somethig exclusive for the website. If everyone would of been silent we probably would I had an inferior design and a very small amount of interest. Thanks for all your input.
printmafia-connie
Mafioso

Post by printmafia-connie »

Kevin - I sent you a private message about the red being a true red
issue.