The Turntable Topic

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: The Turntable Topic

Post by Kali Durga »

All of a sudden, my Audio-Technica turntable won't power on. I've checked the plugs going into both the turntable and the wall outlet and they're secure. The receiver that's plugged into the same wall outlet powers on just fine. I tried plugging the turntable into the socket of the outlet that the receiver was plugged into and it made no difference. Any ideas what else I should check?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Last year when Jack joined finances with Tom Kartsotis to buy the building on Canfield Ave, the announcement mentioned that Shinola was going to come out with a line of audio products. Here we go-- https://www.shinola.com/audio.html#/

According to this, it's going to be $2,500 retail-- http://hypebeast.com/2016/10/shinola-un ... re+buttons
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

That is pretty cool.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I'm short a few birthday and xmas presents - I think it's time I cash in on one. Well worth a gamble
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

love_islander wrote:
I'm short a few birthday and xmas presents - I think it's time I cash in on one. Well worth a gamble
I pulled the trigger on this. I have a whole-home audio system so it'll be really useful to be able to move my turntable around and listen where ever I want. Right now I have tree turntable hookups but I need a player at each one and none of them are close to my kitchen..
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

Has anyone tried The GrooveWasher Record Cleaning Kit that TMR has on their store page? Interested to hear some reviews from folks who have bought it.