What Grinds Your Gears?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: What Grinds Your Gears?

Post by shaneoftheroad »

woodisgood wrote:FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!

So this guy on Discogs has a $350 record. I wrote him and offered him $325, just to take a chance.

He emailed me saying he just saw a copy "in similar condition" go for $380 on eBay and that his copy was "underpriced."

So I wrote back, thinking to myself I'm not gonna quibble over $25, I'll buy it, just let me know how much for Priority shipping and I'll go buy it.

"It's now $375."

HE RAISED THE FUCKING PRICE WITHIN THE HALF HOUR WE WROTE EACH OTHER.
I had something similar happen to me when I was in the market for a first pressing "Love Me Do." This one BIN was a decent price for the record so I asked the guy to send me the runoff information. The item promptly disappeared. Then it went back up again the same day for $150 more, only this time it had the information I requested as part of the description. You're welcome, guy!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Exactly the same happened to me on eBay for a poster I was after. I made a close offer, he refused it, I decided what the hell, I'll buy it anyway, and found the price had already been bumped up. (I didn't buy it, but months later it was back at the original price, I took a chance and bought it, the poster when it arrived wasn't signed as advertised--not that I particularly cared about the signature, but that's what the description said, so . . I challenged him and in the end got a partial refund.)
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Members sending a PM asking for a price, I reply and then they don't answer back.
Make a counter offer, politely decline or tell me to fuck off or whatever but at least have the decency to send a reply.
That too much to ask?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Bikedo wrote:Members sending a PM asking for a price, I reply and then they don't answer back.
Make a counter offer, politely decline or tell me to fuck off or whatever but at least have the decency to send a reply.
That too much to ask?
At least I've had the decency to tell you to go fuck yourself in the past, right? So I'm happy to be off your dog list for that at least. :lol:

But utterly/totally agree with this (maybe we've even discussed this very subject)!
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

^ Yep, you probably did.
Mostly noobs though sending pm's void of any common courtesy.
They from that farcebook collectors group?
carne517
Little Cream Soda

Post by carne517 »

Bikedo wrote:Members sending a PM asking for a price, I reply and then they don't answer back.
That too much to ask?
That's probably been me before. I intend to respond, I want to make it good. I think "I have time later tonight, that's when I'll respond". Then I wake up and kick myself because I didn't. It's ok I'll respond tonight. Then a week goes by, then two then several. Yeah I'm lazy about it at times.
The only way you'll ever learn a thing
Is to admit that you know absolutely nothing
Oh, nothing
carne517
Little Cream Soda

Post by carne517 »

Overly friendly people, where it seems forced, phony, and insincere. At work I asked a coworker how he was doing. He replied in a bubbly customer service sort of voice, "Well, thank you for asking. How are you doing today?" While I'm answering he says, "Oh, that's fantastic." Let's be real, and informal. Relax, man loosen up.
The only way you'll ever learn a thing
Is to admit that you know absolutely nothing
Oh, nothing
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

carne517 wrote:Overly friendly people, where it seems forced, phony, and insincere. At work I asked a coworker how he was doing. He replied in a bubbly customer service sort of voice, "Well, thank you for asking. How are you doing today?" While I'm answering he says, "Oh, that's fantastic." Let's be real, and informal. Relax, man loosen up.
You should have answered "oh I just learned that I have driven over my own cat when leaving the driveway of my home, but I'm fine man, how about you?".
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

carne517 wrote:Overly friendly people, where it seems forced, phony, and insincere. At work I asked a coworker how he was doing. He replied in a bubbly customer service sort of voice, "Well, thank you for asking. How are you doing today?" While I'm answering he says, "Oh, that's fantastic." Let's be real, and informal. Relax, man loosen up.
My best friends girlfriend is the exact same way. Just way over the top friendly and uses a lot of big words when she doesn't need to. She is just always way too concerned about people and friendly. It's weird, but shes ight..
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

That too much to ask?
Still accurate
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

arewhyehen wrote:
My best friends girlfriend is the exact same way. Just way over the top friendly and uses a lot of big words when she doesn't need to. She is just always way too concerned about people and friendly. It's weird, but shes ight..
Yeah, insincere people can suck it. This is my greatest personality annoyance.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

3 new posts, all ISO for Ty Segall.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

+1

Also, people who only respond with +1
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

runofthemill wrote:+1

Also, people who only respond with +1
It's the message board equivalent of the 'like' button.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Dos things:
A. That other sites premiere new jack white music before the vault does.
2. That there is a new Jack White song in the world and no mentions of it here....heck if it was new Ty Segall there would already be 3 ISOs for it.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net