Last show you attended?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Last show you attended?

Post by arewhyehen »

I finally got myself into The Bluebird Café while in Nashville for a week during RSD week. One of the best birthdays I had in a long time! Rebecca Loebe from The Voice opened up. What a great girl!

dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Monday - The Who Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
Tuesday - Ashley Monroe TMR
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

dunedin wrote:Monday - The Who Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
How were The Who this tour? I'm seeing them in October and I saw them a few years ago.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

higherlimits wrote:
dunedin wrote:Monday - The Who Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
How were The Who this tour? I'm seeing them in October and I saw them a few years ago.
I thought they were great. They had to cancel 3 shows before Nashville because Daltrey had a sore throat so it was the first show in over a week. I saw the Quadrophenia show a few years ago, this one was better. Townshend's guitar is louder and he plays more lead work this time around.
DoctorTran37
Little Cream Soda

Post by DoctorTran37 »

Last gig I saw was Neko Case in Spokane, WA. I -would- show pictures but... well she doesn't like photography at her shows. I really wish she didn't mind though because I was in the front row and just off to her right. It was a glorious show.

Next up, SASQUATCH FEST!!
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

Saw three times Nick Cave last month, two in London and one in Madrid. Alas not the whole Bad Seeds but Nick Cave solo band, but still great amazing gigs, specially the one in Madrid. Warren Ellis is one of a kind playing. Mind blowing guy.
This machine steals souls.
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

I was on the rail for my first Pixies show at Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown NY a couple weekends ago. They killed it! They sound great with their new bass player, would've loved to see and hear Kim Deal, but Paz is a good addition.

Then proceeded to follow them to Boston Calling, and waited half the day on the rail through some pretty bad bands. Totally worth it cause TV on The Radio came out and were great again (they opened for the Pixies in NY), then Tenacious D on the second stage, and Pixies closed the festival with a set even better then they played a few days earlier. Plus Jack Black was right in front of me in the press pit for the entire show dancing and have just as much fun as we were.
Verdict: Don't miss the Pixies if you have a chance to see them.
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Saw My Morning Jacket Thursday for night 3 of their 3 night stay and they absolutely killed it! This was my first experience getting a GA pit ticket for any show I've ever been too ( I have terrible ticket buying luck). Ended up stationed right in front of Jim James and ended up getting his pick at the end of the night. On a side note I ate a piece of candy from my neighbor at the show and subsequently hallucinated for the first time once I got home!Image
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
19wart69
Little Bird

Post by 19wart69 »

cant think of a show ive been to since seeing TWS live in memphis (i call it) thats where we stayed...memphis....and drove a little bit to get to the show.

i spent ok money for 3rd row....to find out i had been duped by ticket reseller....once within the front row seating area....it became "no assigned seating"....so i could have purchased any ticket within that secured area....and saved a little money. but no - i had to spring for the best seats....only to find everyone crushed up to the stage.

so i did too.

i got about as close to meg as i ever had...or prolly ever will.

ive only been closer to dave navarro of janes addiction - when crowd surfing i kept ending up pushed towards the stage - if you ended up on the stage you got beat the shit out of...i did want to be there....but you just ride the wave - anyways as approaching the stage...on my back and head first....dave navarro repeatedly kicked me in the - or rather, placed his boot on my head to keep me from getting on stage...which was fine for me - thaks dave.

i dont have the live in mississippi tmr release - wish i did.

william
Sweetie
Little Bird

Post by Sweetie »

Gearing up for a summer of music. Over the last couple of weeks I was able to see Advance Base (FKA Casiotone for the Painfully Alone) at an intimate small show. There was about 8 of us in the audience, not including the two opening acts. It was a wonderful show. One of the opening bands was really great - Karen Meat. Poppy Punky surfy music.
I also caught Cracker at another small venue. Their new album is really fun and twangy. If you are a fan of David at all, I suggest you check it out.
bubbazz2980
Little Bird

Post by bubbazz2980 »

Blur in Hyde park what a show!
nestacat
Little Bird

Post by nestacat »

Survived three nights at Soldier Field with 68,000-71,000 of my closest dead head friends. Two nites up front in the pit! :thumbup:
nosce te ipsum
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

nestacat wrote:Survived three nights at Soldier Field with 68,000-71,000 of my closest dead head friends. Two nites up front in the pit! :thumbup:
You saw music history ! Congrats
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

nestacat wrote:Survived three nights at Soldier Field with 68,000-71,000 of my closest dead head friends. Two nites up front in the pit! :thumbup:
Thanks for the new wall paper for my new iPad! Cool photo
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Fucked Up at TMR
JULY 4th Weekend

My thoughts:

This was an interesting show. Good Times!
There was a stage full of musicians just jamming away, and the singer interjects by screaming at you, lol.
The band is stellar. Vary interesting. Talented guitarist, many guitarist!
Got a girl Bass player who was great
non stop 100% on fire drumming, non stop, like each song was a continuous drum solo, lol. Intense!
A lot of other instruments here and there
It was almost like there was a band on the left side of the stage and a band on the right side of the stage. All jamming in long jams intertwined while the drummer is just drumming like crazy
Then the singer screams at you
Definitely makes you forget about any problems or stress, kind of hits the refresh key in your brain!
Interesting, different, strange, beautiful
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody