Post your most recent acquisition

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Re: Post your most recent acquisition

Post by dcmak5 »

josephodonnell wrote:1984 Gibson Challenger
sweet!
shaneoftheroad wrote:It's taken me a few years to finally be in a position to buy one of these. After hearing it this will be the last amp I ever use, it's magnificent. The Silvertone Twin Twelve with vintage 2x12 Sears cab and (likely) Fisher speakers. New recordings coming real soon.
awesome, they sound great!
is it a piggyback cab?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

dcmak5 wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:It's taken me a few years to finally be in a position to buy one of these. After hearing it this will be the last amp I ever use, it's magnificent. The Silvertone Twin Twelve with vintage 2x12 Sears cab and (likely) Fisher speakers. New recordings coming real soon.
awesome, they sound great!
is it a piggyback cab?
It is but was initially for a solid state Sears 125 XL. The Twin Twelve didn't fit vertically so I had to modify the cab slightly to sit horizontally.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Cool! Awesome score
DoctorTran37
Little Cream Soda

Post by DoctorTran37 »

First new records I've bought in months. Used a portion of my first paycheck from my new job ;D

cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

walking with a ghost ep on 12" from end of an ear in austin.

after some in-store phone-googling, i decided that $13 wasn't a bad deal, even if it isn't an officially sanctioned release. i should be putting it on the turntable tonight!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Thanks Flippin
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416454412.673773.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

:mrgreen:
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

scoliosispony wrote:Image

:mrgreen:
GUILOTINEEEEEE
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

Alabama Woody wrote:Thanks Flippin
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416454412.673773.jpg
OH, Wow!
Just waiting for mine to arrive. Amazing artist, and a great first release for this swirler label!
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

The picture doesn't do it much justice. The vinyl is very green with hints of blue. Kind of marbled and dark looking but when you hold it up to the light it's easy to see right through it.
The variant artwork is well done.
Slip mat is a cool novelty item.
Waiting on the 12" to make it to Bama.
Good tunes. I was an instant fan after listening to the 7".
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:The picture doesn't do it much justice. The vinyl is very green with hints of blue. Kind of marbled and dark looking but when you hold it up to the light it's easy to see right through it.
The variant artwork is well done.
Slip mat is a cool novelty item.
Waiting on the 12" to make it to Bama.
Good tunes. I was an instant fan after listening to the 7".
Glad you all like everything.

Thanks so much to all who purchased a copy of the single and have supported the label through word of mouth or sharing online.
darby74
Little Bird

Post by darby74 »

(I removed the Sears 125XL plate from the grill and added the temporary Silvertone one. I don't like the way it looks. That will be replaced once I find something better.)

Special thanks to texascyclone and his wife. Small, small world.
Very nice.. I got this Silvertone 1483 at a yard sale a month ago for $30.00. I am getting a new ground cord added and the tubes cleaned. I need to get either a 2 x 12 Silvertone cab that came with the 1484 or find something similer. I love these amps. In the late 90's to early 2000's you could buy these for $100 or less. Nobody wanted them until they saw Jack White and Dave Grohl using them. Now they sell for $$$$. The 1483, the one I have, was marketed as a bass amp, but it sounds so good with guitar.

dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

darby74 wrote: Very nice.. I got this Silvertone 1483 at a yard sale a month ago for $30.00. I am getting a new ground cord added and the tubes cleaned. I need to get either a 2 x 12 Silvertone cab that came with the 1484 or find something similer. I love these amps. In the late 90's to early 2000's you could buy these for $100 or less. Nobody wanted them until they saw Jack White and Dave Grohl using them. Now they sell for $$$$. The 1483, the one I have, was marketed as a bass amp, but it sounds so good with guitar.

Is that the model that came with a 1x15 cab?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

darby74 wrote:Very nice.. I got this Silvertone 1483 at a yard sale a month ago for $30.00. I am getting a new ground cord added and the tubes cleaned. I need to get either a 2 x 12 Silvertone cab that came with the 1484 or find something similer. I love these amps. In the late 90's to early 2000's you could buy these for $100 or less. Nobody wanted them until they saw Jack White and Dave Grohl using them. Now they sell for $$$$. The 1483, the one I have, was marketed as a bass amp, but it sounds so good with guitar.
Since getting mine I've heard a few people saying they either threw theirs out, gave it away or sold it for cheap in the 80's. But they all wish they had one for themselves now. Of course I wouldn't have heard of the amp if it wasn't for Brendan Benson and Jack White. But I love it! The amp is performing exactly as I expected and it's fun as hell to play.
darby74
Little Bird

Post by darby74 »

dcmak5 wrote:
darby74 wrote: Very nice.. I got this Silvertone 1483 at a yard sale a month ago for $30.00. I am getting a new ground cord added and the tubes cleaned. I need to get either a 2 x 12 Silvertone cab that came with the 1484 or find something similer. I love these amps. In the late 90's to early 2000's you could buy these for $100 or less. Nobody wanted them until they saw Jack White and Dave Grohl using them. Now they sell for $$$$. The 1483, the one I have, was marketed as a bass amp, but it sounds so good with guitar.

Is that the model that came with a 1x15 cab?
Yeah, it is the one that came with the 1 x 15 cab. It is pretty much the same as the 1484 but with no reverb or tremalo and a little less power, which is nice.
It was marketed ass a bass amp, but people started using them as guitar amps. Peter Buck and Elvis Costello uses a 1483.
The 1484 and 1483 are great sounding amps.