Last show you attended?

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Re: Last show you attended?

Post by pj101ca »

Saw the Black Keys and Cage the Elephant last night.
first time seeing both. Both great.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

pj101ca wrote:Saw the Black Keys and Cage the Elephant last night.
first time seeing both. Both great.
I am not a huge fan of BK, but I better watch what I say around here about that... but I do enjoy Cage the Elephant. Ticket prices were just too high for me to go see the opener. A few friends went to the Toronto show and said it was really good. I would imagine BK would put on a good show though.
teakay
Little Acorn

Post by teakay »

Black Lips and King Kahn and The BBQ Show last night, it was just great. Such a good time.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Katy Perry w/ Tegan & Sara at the AAC in Dallas. Fun "show". Describing it as a concert might be going a bit far, but she did do more actual singing than I expected. Never been to a big pop concert with all of the choreography, props, costume changes and all of that stuff. Enjoyed it, but I think I'm good now.

Tegan & Sara were good, but the room was a little big for them.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

teakay wrote:Black Lips and King Kahn and The BBQ Show last night, it was just great. Such a good time.
Saw them, well King Kahn and The BBQ Show, in Brooklyn.
Easily one of my favorite opening acts I've ever seen, they KILLED IT.
Then my friend got booted before Black Lips went on so I had to miss that.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

The Broken Bells last weekend at The Ryman. Jerry Lee Lewis tonight. Titans Football tomorrow.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Jenny Lewis at the South Side Music Hall in Dallas. Great show! She played most of her new album, her older solo stuff, some Jenny & Johnny and some Rilo Kiley songs. The band she's put together is really great and does a fantastic job of covering all of the harmonies and various instruments.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Saw Childish Gambino, Glitch Mob and Outkast at ACL yesterday. Childish Gambino was better than expected. Glitch Mob played their 7NA remix,which was cool. Outkast was alright, but nothing special. The two acts I really wanted to see were CHVRCHES and St Vincent, but we had some airline issues and arrived later than expected. It's been raining all morning, interested to see what Zilker looks like today.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

ACL day 2 and Zilker has turned into a complete mud pit. Icona Pop was great, Tuneyards were really good and I caught a little bit of Interpol which was pretty good. Lana Del Rey was good, but it didn't really work in a festival setting. Major Lazer and Eminem were garbage. Pretty much expected that with Major Lazer, but Eminem was a huge disappointment. Spent most of the time lip syncing and never finished a complete song.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:Major Lazer and Eminem were garbage. Pretty much expected that with Major Lazer, but Eminem was a huge disappointment. Spent most of the time lip syncing and never finished a complete song.
I saw Eminem and Rhianna on the Monster your and was really disappointed. I have a huge respect for Eminem and think he's a genius musically..in his genre.

Anyways, my girlfriend and I were both really disappointed, especially when I paid $200 a ticket. A lot of people told me it was one of the best shows they have ever been to, and maybe it was if you go to a live concert to see fireworks, big flash lights and screens ans costume changes...

I think it would have been a much better show without all that crap and if he just finished one song and sang the entire time. I guess that's not what rap shows are about though. Not really sure why they think 45 half songs are better than 20 full songs.

I am glad I have seen Eminem live but wouldn't pay to see him again.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Day 3 of ACL was easily the best, and not just because Pearl Jam played. Cults and Lorde were both really good and Jenny Lewis was great as always, but holy hell The Replacements were incredible. Always been a casual fan, but figured the show would disappoint, as old rock stars tend to do. Not only did it not disappoint, it was easily one of the top three sets over the weekend. Also made for a nice escape from all of the EDM garbage that you have to deal with now at these festivals.
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

Crushed Out last night in KC MO. Great show. Not sure where my Kickstarter drum head got sent, so I got a freshly used one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

That Moselle...
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Saw MGMT, Paramore and Kings of Leon last weekend. All of them amazing, specially Paramore (which was a good surprise) and KOL!
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

luccamezz wrote:Saw MGMT, Paramore and Kings of Leon last weekend. All of them amazing, specially Paramore (which was a good surprise) and KOL!
I've wanted to see Paramore for awhile now. Good to hear they put on a good show..