Shipping a Flexi Disc

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Shipping a Flexi Disc

Post by orangeshoeskid »

If you were receiving a flexi disc in the mail, how would you want it shipped to you?
I have one I'm about to ship and don't know if just having them in an envelope is good enough?
That's how it was shipped to me and it arrived perfectly fine.
Any suggestions? Envelope, cardboard mailer, something else?
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Re: Shipping a Flexi Disc

Post by dmdv1 »

Joyful Noise send their flexis in stiff card mailers. I've been getting them every month for over two years and they always arrive in great shape
Never trust a hippy
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

dmdv1 wrote:Joyful Noise send their flexis in stiff card mailers. I've been getting them every month for over two years and they always arrive in great shape
Second that. You can use a padded envelope with 7" cardboard squares around the flexi too. You can ship it in a magazine. They are pretty forgiving. And unless it's a JW flexi or the first TMBG release a flexi usually isn't worth too much!
Hyperbole used for effect!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Regular 7" mailer like the ones TMR uses is good.
Add some extra 7" inserts for extra safety.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

trickster wrote:Regular 7" mailer like the ones TMR uses is good.
Add some extra 7" inserts for extra safety.
+1 have had good luck sending and receiving in a regular 7" mailer...
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Ended up shipping the flexi in between two 7" cardboard pieces, with tape on each side so it wouldn't slide around. Then placed that inside a bubble mailer. Seemed perfectly fine for shipping.
Had a case open up about it because the buyer said it was damaged in shipping (edges bent in a few places), however I don't really see how any edges could have been bent since it was all between the cardboard. Although, it is just a cheap paper sleeve. I did describe it as mint in the auction because it had never been played and only taken out for pictures. The rest of the time it sat, untouched on a table until I packed it up for shipping.

Any suggestions on what to do? I've never had a case against me like this and not sure if I should refund the whole purchase, partial, or something else..
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Ended up shipping the flexi in between two 7" cardboard pieces, with tape on each side so it wouldn't slide around. Then placed that inside a bubble mailer. Seemed perfectly fine for shipping.
Had a case open up about it because the buyer said it was damaged in shipping (edges bent in a few places), however I don't really see how any edges could have been bent since it was all between the cardboard. Although, it is just a cheap paper sleeve. I did describe it as mint in the auction because it had never been played and only taken out for pictures. The rest of the time it sat, untouched on a table until I packed it up for shipping.

Any suggestions on what to do? I've never had a case against me like this and not sure if I should refund the whole purchase, partial, or something else..
Gah!
That sucks.
Sorry to hear.

I 'd ask the buyer to send me pics of the damaged item and then I 'd ask him to pack the item the same way I did and return it for a full refund.
I dont know how he will react and if he will eventually leave a negative comment though.

The other option is to let him keep it and send a full refund which gives you better chances for a positive comment.

So I guess the only way to pack a 7" is inside a normal 7" mailer with stiffeners and then that mailer taped in the middle of a 12" mailer.
:crazy:
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Ended up shipping the flexi in between two 7" cardboard pieces, with tape on each side so it wouldn't slide around. Then placed that inside a bubble mailer. Seemed perfectly fine for shipping.

Someone tried a similar complaint with my wife on clothes. Said they were damaged during shipping(??) and my wife said no refunds without sending it back. The buyer dropped it. The way you packed sounds legit, better than how joyful noise does it actually. I second asking for pics, asking for them to ship it back, then refunding. Sorry that my advice led to this mess :?
Hyperbole used for effect!
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Tie it to balloon .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

JohnC wrote:Tie it to balloon .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I would offer a full refund minus shipping costs upon return of the item. Either they'll return it for a refund or you'll call their bluff. Don't offer a partial refund, it just encourages people like this to scam other people in the future. If you insured the package, which you should always do, have them take it to the post office and file a damaged package claim. Even if the post office denies the claim saying the damage wasn't their fault, it gives you time to evade him escalating the case. The biggest concern is trying to figure out if the buyer is pulling a switcharoo.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom