Random Third Man Discussions

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Random Third Man Discussions

Post by Zachary Thomas »

Hypothetical question:

What if TMR were to only release soundboard recordings of old White Stripes shows as vault packages for the remainder of The Vault?
Last edited by Zachary Thomas on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojoryan
Little People

Re: Anything Third Man (No Pricks Allowed)

Post by mojoryan »

Then I would find myself with a lot of unopened packages. I love TWS, obviously, but I expect more than the same old same old for my vault packages.
Last edited by mojoryan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

How long until you think there will be no Jack White-related projects in the vault? Or do you see the vault existing that long?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Random Third Man Discussions

Post by Stl_ben »

No thanks.....and maybe change the title to the thread.
Think I have plenty of ws live recordings for the moment.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

Stl_ben wrote:No thanks.....and maybe change the title to the thread.
Think I have plenty of ws live recordings for the moment.
Tried to. Not sure how.

Edit: changed.
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

This topic is basically just to discuss anything Third Man-related. As long as a post isn't deemed offensive in some way, anything goes.
ChelseaBoots
Little Bird

Post by ChelseaBoots »

Zachary Thomas wrote:How long until you think there will be no Jack White-related projects in the vault? Or do you see the vault existing that long?
Vault is as Vault does. Folks round here like it that way. But, IMHO Jack would have to be dead for that to happen. According to my calculations if Jack did three shows a week, for thirty weeks of the year, for the past sixteen years, roughly 1150 shows have been played. If he releases one per quarter, thats 360 years till the Vault runs dry. Although I think my gig number estimate may be a bit high.
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

ChelseaBoots wrote:
Zachary Thomas wrote:How long until you think there will be no Jack White-related projects in the vault? Or do you see the vault existing that long?
Vault is as Vault does. Folks round here like it that way. But, IMHO Jack would have to be dead for that to happen. According to my calculations if Jack did three shows a week, for thirty weeks of the year, for the past sixteen years, roughly 1150 shows have been played. If he releases one per quarter, thats 360 years till the Vault runs dry. Although I think my gig number estimate may be a bit high.
I'm not even going to try to do the math on that one! Plus, we would have to calculate all the times he played surprise shows or two shows in one day...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Not to mention all the other stuff like demos and videos and Boscobel Blues-ish-type stuff that we're completely unaware of until they decide to share it with us. But why speculate? Just enjoy it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

Kali Durga wrote:Not to mention all the other stuff like demos and videos and Boscobel Blues-ish-type stuff that we're completely unaware of until they decide to share it with us. But why speculate? Just enjoy it.
I can't not speculate. I wish it were possible.
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

For some odd reason, I think that the announcement is going to happen at 10 AM (about an hour from now).

Hopping off until then.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I would like to kmow what is the difference between First-Class Package International Service and Priority Mail International when we buy at TMR store.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Mick III wrote:I would like to kmow what is the difference between First-Class Package International Service and Priority Mail International when we buy at TMR store.
https://www.usps.com/business/first-cla ... ervice.htm

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail ... tional.htm
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Mick III wrote:I would like to kmow what is the difference between First-Class Package International Service and Priority Mail International when we buy at TMR store.
$$$$$
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

I believe Priority Mail International is supposed to arrive faster...I would go with whichever one is cheaper as long as it has tracking.