Currently Putting Together a Collectors' Spreadsheet

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Currently Putting Together a Collectors' Spreadsheet

Post by Stl_ben »

Getbacktogether wrote:
ChrisClamp wrote:
AJ123 wrote:I use discogs because of the ability to track an put a value on my collection. It's nice to see how much it's worth based on recent sales.

I didn't realise Discogs had this facility. I usually just pump stuff into Popsike if I want to know what it's worth. Might actually get on Discogs as well then, would love to know what my collection is worth as a whole.
I just got a discog and have been adding to it like crazy. But i don't think there's a feature to add up your current collection as to what each record is going for at the moment. I think the only way is to click on each one individually and see what the current value is then add them all up yourself. I may be wrong because im new to it. Maybe some one else could let us know for sure.
Yes it will give you a rough estimate of your collections value. This is based on discogs sales though so if your record hasn't ever sold on there or has sold super high/low that may throw off the value some. Also if you have unique items (test presses, hand painted, ....) these most likely aren't in the system / haven't sold so would also make your value not complete. However it does give you a good rough estimate. For example it says my collection is worth $16,000 to $32,000....so that's a pretty big gap.
Click here for yours: http://www.discogs.com/mycollection?layout=stats
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Stl_ben wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
ChrisClamp wrote:
AJ123 wrote:I use discogs because of the ability to track an put a value on my collection. It's nice to see how much it's worth based on recent sales.

I didn't realise Discogs had this facility. I usually just pump stuff into Popsike if I want to know what it's worth. Might actually get on Discogs as well then, would love to know what my collection is worth as a whole.
I just got a discog and have been adding to it like crazy. But i don't think there's a feature to add up your current collection as to what each record is going for at the moment. I think the only way is to click on each one individually and see what the current value is then add them all up yourself. I may be wrong because im new to it. Maybe some one else could let us know for sure.
Yes it will give you a rough estimate of your collections value. This is based on discogs sales though so if your record hasn't ever sold on there or has sold super high/low that may throw off the value some. Also if you have unique items (test presses, hand painted, ....) these most likely aren't in the system / haven't sold so would also make your value not complete. However it does give you a good rough estimate. For example it says my collection is worth $16,000 to $32,000....so that's a pretty big gap.
Click here for yours: http://www.discogs.com/mycollection?layout=stats
cool didn't know it had that feature. Thanks!
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

one feature i wish discogs had regarding this stats piece is that you cant ovveride the value and input your own value,,, sure you can export to excel and change the amounts but its a hassle,,

i would say about 20% of my records dont have any historical prices so it shows up as 0 value and then some records are super innacurate,i think nirvana love buzz has a historical price of a couple hundred bucks which is way off, same with the hp hyfth

but overall a great feature im sure they will keep improving
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

achouza wrote:one feature i wish discogs had regarding this stats piece is that you cant ovveride the value and input your own value,,, sure you can export to excel and change the amounts but its a hassle,,

i would say about 20% of my records dont have any historical prices so it shows up as 0 value and then some records are super innacurate,i think nirvana love buzz has a historical price of a couple hundred bucks which is way off, same with the hp hyfth

but overall a great feature im sure they will keep improving
Yeah. the Amy Walker 7" on discogs is valued at a $20 minimum. That throws off your value if you have a bunch of them
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

i did a discogs export and mapped the release date to see my musical taste by years,, no surprise,,, i really like late 70s rock,, then 90s ehh, and i got into records around 2010..

how do other peoples charts look?

<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>