Third Man Record Booth

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man Record Booth

Post by Kali Durga »

luccamezz wrote:Tears. Tears everywhere.

http://instagram.com/p/fgF8OtDhVl/
Hmmmm... Looks like it's functional but still not out in the Novelties Lounge. Wonder what they're doing with all these recordings by famous folks.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever be back for the hoi polloi to enjoy . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Kali Durga wrote:Hmmmm... Looks like it's functional but still not out in the Novelties Lounge. Wonder what they're doing with all these recordings by famous folks.
I think it would be cool if they got all these famous artist's records in a "Live from the Record Booth" 12"
Not great quality at all, but a nice recording I'd love to see as a bonus item from any vault package :)
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

luccamezz wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Hmmmm... Looks like it's functional but still not out in the Novelties Lounge. Wonder what they're doing with all these recordings by famous folks.
I think it would be cool if they got all these famous artist's records in a "Live from the Record Booth" 12"
Not great quality at all, but a nice recording I'd love to see as a bonus item from any vault package :)
Having played the third man acoustic in the booth and recorded a song, I would love that! Still gonna be hunting the 6" Willie / White booth song since I missed the Vault.
Hyperbole used for effect!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

So who's in town this week who'll record dirty limericks in the booth with me for Jamie?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I appreciate the effort Kali, thanks. It doesn't have to be rude though, you can record anything you like. Do a dramatic reading of The Very Hungry Caterpillar if you want.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I think the limericks would be fun as heck, but more fun if there was someone there to giggle over it with me.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Do they let people buy the empty record and not use the recording booth?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

trickster wrote:Do they let people buy the empty record and not use the recording booth?
When i was at TMR and the record booth was down I asked if i could have the envelope you can send the record in since the record booth was down and i looked at her all sad like and she said sure lol. Then i was like can i have another to send my buddy some stickers and a post card and she was like yeah but you'll have to pay the postage and you can put everything in it here and ill put it in the mail for you. So i think its a possibility for sure.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Getbacktogether wrote:
trickster wrote:Do they let people buy the empty record and not use the recording booth?
When i was at TMR and the record booth was down I asked if i could have the envelope you can send the record in since the record booth was down and i looked at her all sad like and she said sure lol. Then i was like can i have another to send my buddy some stickers and a post card and she was like yeah but you'll have to pay the postage and you can put everything in it here and ill put it in the mail for you. So i think its a possibility for sure.
Thanks for the update
Do they sell the TMR stamps separately or they are included in the vinyl/envelope combo?
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

trickster wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
Thanks for the update
Do they sell the TMR stamps separately or they are included in the vinyl/envelope combo?
They were already on the envelopes. Maybe they got a huge roll of them in the back or something lol.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Getbacktogether wrote:
trickster wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
Thanks for the update
They were already on the envelopes. Maybe they got a huge roll of them in the back or something lol.
Hehe
Final question: you think they might have remaining stock of the black ones? Or all are clear now?
I kinda want to get 1 of each
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

trickster wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
trickster wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
Thanks for the update
Hehe
Final question: you think they might have remaining stock of the black ones? Or all are clear now?
I kinda want to get 1 of each
The reason why the record booth was down when i was there was bc they were out of records. Then they got the clear ones in so i doubt it. Unless they get black ones again before the clear run out.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Thanks for the updates :)
I am looking forward to getting one of these in hand.
redflag
Little Cream Soda

Post by redflag »

If it's up and running, I'm planning on visiting it today with my daughter. She's five and looking to cut a record.