Re: Desert Gold

Post by Kaber »

It is possible to for more tracks on each 7
-33rpm / short tracks...
nofaithinmedicine
Little Bird

Post by nofaithinmedicine »

i'm wondering if the desert gold stuff is gonna be available when they do a stop at amoeba on wednesday. i wrote them to find out. does anyone know if they ever answer? how does the RRS work? i've never seen it before. is it like a food truck but with records? i'm excited, this is the closest i'll get to TMR without leaving the state.
Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have surface noise. I said, "listen, mate, life has surface noise."
-John Peel
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

nofaithinmedicine wrote:i'm wondering if the desert gold stuff is gonna be available when they do a stop at amoeba on wednesday. i wrote them to find out. does anyone know if they ever answer? how does the RRS work? i've never seen it before. is it like a food truck but with records? i'm excited, this is the closest i'll get to TMR without leaving the state.
The RRS is basically a food truck with records. bands also sometimes plug in and play a couple songs from it as well although that probably wont happen if its parked in the streets of LA . I'm hoping they stop somewhere down in orange county. Theres a record store not far from me thats an official dealer of Third Man Records some I'm hoping for a stop there
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

nofaithinmedicine wrote:i'm wondering if the desert gold stuff is gonna be available when they do a stop at amoeba on wednesday. i wrote them to find out. does anyone know if they ever answer? how does the RRS work? i've never seen it before. is it like a food truck but with records? i'm excited, this is the closest i'll get to TMR without leaving the state.
Like a food truck with records. When it's your turn you get to the window and you place your order. Sometimes they tell you they are out of that.
nofaithinmedicine
Little Bird

AJ123 wrote:
The RRS is basically a food truck with records. bands also sometimes plug in and play a couple songs from it as well although that probably wont happen if its parked in the streets of LA . I'm hoping they stop somewhere down in orange county. Theres a record store not far from me thats an official dealer of Third Man Records some I'm hoping for a stop there
that'd be cool if they stopped at bionic records in o.c. i haven't been there in a long time. they should just open a permanent TMR store out here in socal.
Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have surface noise. I said, "listen, mate, life has surface noise."
-John Peel
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

nofaithinmedicine wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
that'd be cool if they stopped at bionic records in o.c. i haven't been there in a long time. they should just open a permanent TMR store out here in socal.
Have you ever been to Creme Tangerine Records?
nofaithinmedicine
Little Bird

AJ123 wrote:
nofaithinmedicine wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
no, never heard of it. i'll have to check it out. i usually frequent amoeba on sunset or fingerprints in long beach. i wish the RRS was stopping in lbc.
-John Peel
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

nofaithinmedicine wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
nofaithinmedicine wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
no, never heard of it. i'll have to check it out. i usually frequent amoeba on sunset or fingerprints in long beach. i wish the RRS was stopping in lbc.
Yeah. The RRS has never come farther south than LA.
ericlb75
Little Cream Soda

Post by ericlb75 »

Is it safe to say they will be selling 30 of the limited boxes a day? I don't imagine them blowing the whole lot on the first day.
jeff13
Little Bird

Post by jeff13 »

any one wanna throw out a guess as to how much they think the RRS will charge for the snake skin style 45 carrying case ?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Quote from ACE for any young swirlers planning on heading down.

All of our Desert GOld events are free and 21+.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

flattop2001 wrote:Quote from ACE for any young swirlers planning on heading down.

All of our Desert GOld events are free and 21+.
Now I don't feel as bad that I can't make it. Couldn't have gone anyways
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Looks like the pop up store will be near the pool area and could be 21+ the RRS will be in Palm Springs and maybe elsewhere and I assume all ages. The party kicks off tonight should be interesting.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Cash and/or serious trade for 7" box set. For reals yo.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Nice day at ACE...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.