Monkey Band Contest (UPDATE Contest #2)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
nickboat
Little Ghost

Re: Monkey Band Contest (UPDATE Contest #2)

Post by nickboat »

rival wrote:
TwinkleLights wrote:
nickboat wrote:Michael Kiwanuka.

Looking ahead: Kiwanuka hopes to work with Jack White. "He's amazing live, you never what to expect with his shows. He's constantly pushing himself, his records are always different," he says. "And he just seems like a cool dude."-->2012

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/musi ... e/1673707/

"Waiting 'Round to Die."---> 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4Qtwsu8xw
Oh, horray! He's wonderful :)
If it's still the same song that was in there when I went down at the beginning of June, it's not this guy.

As for people putting in votes, Ben, I was down there and heard the monkey band being played a few times while I was waiting in line. I must have heard the clip 3 or 4 times while I was in there but dismissed it as I had no clue who it was. THen on the way home from Nashville the next day I heard someone on Sirius that sounded exactly like the person singing in the monkey band machine. I was already in Ohio by the time I heard the song so I asked here if someone could put a guess in for me. Someone was very cool in offering help and put in their name with my guess. Hopefully they announce who it is and the winners. I felt pretty confident about my guess.
Was it "Waiting around to die" when you were there? I have heard the recording recently and it sound like Kiwanuka is dead on match to me. Not my guess but the best one I've heard yet(yes, better than my own).
HUSTLE AND CUSS
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

nickboat wrote:
rival wrote:
TwinkleLights wrote:

Looking ahead: Kiwanuka hopes to work with Jack White. "He's amazing live, you never what to expect with his shows. He's constantly pushing himself, his records are always different," he says. "And he just seems like a cool dude."-->2012

If it's still the same song that was in there when I went down at the beginning of June, it's not this guy.

As for people putting in votes, Ben, I was down there and heard the monkey band being played a few times while I was waiting in line. I must have heard the clip 3 or 4 times while I was in there but dismissed it as I had no clue who it was. THen on the way home from Nashville the next day I heard someone on Sirius that sounded exactly like the person singing in the monkey band machine. I was already in Ohio by the time I heard the song so I asked here if someone could put a guess in for me. Someone was very cool in offering help and put in their name with my guess. Hopefully they announce who it is and the winners. I felt pretty confident about my guess.
Was it "Waiting around to die" when you were there? I have heard the recording recently and it sound like Kiwanuka is dead on match to me. Not my guess but the best one I've heard yet(yes, better than my own).
I was there for Pokey LaFarge back on June 1st. Perhaps it's not the same song in the monkey band anymore. But from what I heard back on June first and what I listened to in that youtube clip, there's no way these two artists would be mistaken for their vocals.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

rival wrote:
nickboat wrote:
rival wrote:
TwinkleLights wrote:

I was there for Pokey LaFarge back on June 1st. Perhaps it's not the same song in the monkey band anymore. But from what I heard back on June first and what I listened to in that youtube clip, there's no way these two artists would be mistaken for their vocals.
The songs in the Monkey Band in June for Pokey are still the same songs in the machine. One of the songs is "waiting around to die" and am going to have to disagree and say it sounds exactly the same as the live version(without the band of course). The second song is a Richie Havens-Bill Withers type sounding song.... def fitting Micheals sound. Sure we will find out sooner or later.
HUSTLE AND CUSS
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

so.... where is this single.... hmmmm....
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

nickboat wrote:so.... where is this single.... hmmmm....
It's the journey not the destination.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Hans_ka wrote:
nickboat wrote:so.... where is this single.... hmmmm....
It's the journey not the destination.
It's been over six months' traveling—are we there yet? :roll:
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

There you go....

@RollingStone: Michael Kiwanuka teams up with Jack White's Third Man crew for "You've Got Nothing Left to Lose." See the video: http://t.co/pYlxLGMXB1

A-side "You've Got Nothing to Lose" is an original composition b/w chilling rendition of Townes Van Zandt's infamous "Waitin' 'Round to Die" on the B-side.

...one of the songs on the Monkey Band.
Last edited by nickboat on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUSTLE AND CUSS
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

nickboat wrote:There you go....

@RollingStone: Michael Kiwanuka teams up with Jack White's Third Man crew for "You've Got Nothing Left to Lose." See the video: http://t.co/pYlxLGMXB1

...one of the songs on the Monkey Band.
Nice job Mr. Boat
:clap:
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Whoa——been a while it seems since I've been moved to buy a Blue Series . . . sounds really good.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

The latest Monkey Band Contest has ended with the release of Lillie Mae's Blue Series single and the winners will be emailed by the end of the week.

I am glad to say that once again I have figured out the TMR enigma!

DID ANYONE ELSE GUESS THIS ANSWER FOR THE MONKEY BAND?
HUSTLE AND CUSS
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

yep :D I won.
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Sweetie
Little Bird

Post by Sweetie »

nickboat wrote:yep :D I won.
Congrats! :clap:
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

What did you win?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

Stl_ben wrote:
What did you win?
Tri-color...

HUSTLE AND CUSS
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Congrats
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody