What's in the Mojo Chair?

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: What's in the Mojo Chair?

Post by Getbacktogether »

I was in Nashville on the 14th and 15th from ohio. They had lafayette blues white marble for $100. I don't have it and try to take a trip to TMR once a year and have never seen anything in the mojo chair and almost bought it. Ended up not because that's just way to expensive for what it goes for. I was a little disappointed there wasn't something better for the price but what can you do. Had a great time in Nashville and at TMR tho. Even tho the Record Both wasn't operating because they were out of records for it:(
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

This thread should be called What WAS in the Mojo Chair...

Wish I could have scored me those sweet RSDs for a ridiculous price :arrow:
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Getbacktogether wrote:I was in Nashville on the 14th and 15th from ohio. They had lafayette blues white marble for $100. I don't have it and try to take a trip to TMR once a year and have never seen anything in the mojo chair and almost bought it. Ended up not because that's just way to expensive for what it goes for. I was a little disappointed there wasn't something better for the price but what can you do. Had a great time in Nashville and at TMR tho. Even tho the Record Both wasn't operating because they were out of records for it:(
The chair was empty on the 16th, I guess someone bought it.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Jamie wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:I was in Nashville on the 14th and 15th from ohio. They had lafayette blues white marble for $100. I don't have it and try to take a trip to TMR once a year and have never seen anything in the mojo chair and almost bought it. Ended up not because that's just way to expensive for what it goes for. I was a little disappointed there wasn't something better for the price but what can you do. Had a great time in Nashville and at TMR tho. Even tho the Record Both wasn't operating because they were out of records for it:(
The chair was empty on the 16th, I guess someone bought it.
Some one must have. like i said i almost bought it just because ive never seen anything in the mojo chair when i go and i don't have that copy but then i remembered i could get it on discogs for like 20 bucks so i spend that money towards other TMR goodies lol. Just wish the record booth/ mold-a-rama/ Scopitone machines would have been working and there was no monkey band. The only thing in the novelty lounge that was working was the photo booth:(
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

There was no monkey band?! Damn, that's my favorite novelty. I love watching the lazy monkey drummer sit there and just occasionally tap his snare.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

The monkey band was there. No idea if it was working because I didn't try it, but there was no sign to say it was out of order like all the others.
JillFredo
Little Bird

Post by JillFredo »

Well I am still in a fix for it's composition..What are they hidden into it? That is the important question..
:) :)
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

Third man jut posted on Instagram what's on the chair. Flat Duo Jets split
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

8/31 - Only $100 for an Elephant RSD split color.
Hyperbole used for effect!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Does any portion of the Mojo Chair sale go to local charities? That's the only reason I could see them putting things like that and the RSD singles there...other than screwing with potential flippers.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

mojoryan wrote:...other than screwing with potential flippers.
Rock got no reason! Rock got no rhyme!
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Curious as to how they could fit an lp there when the chair is only big enough for a 7".
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Curious as to how they could fit an lp there when the chair is only big enough for a 7".
They prop it in front.

tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

Made my first mojo chair purchase yesterday... Love Interruption Tri Color :D
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

tcricha43 wrote:Made my first mojo chair purchase yesterday... Love Interruption Tri Color :D
Nice!
Congrats.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5