What's in the Mojo Chair?

Your Turntable's Not Dead
redsox401
Little Acorn

Re: What's in the Mojo Chair?

Post by redsox401 »

Congrats that's a nice score. I didn't ask about tomorrow. I hit the road for Mississippi before they open.
sandmaniac3 wrote:
redsox401 wrote:Today's mojo was a rachel Bizarro. I missed it by an hour they said. :(
Sorry... I got it!
Hi
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

sandmaniac3 wrote:Got there when they opened. There were some guys who were there to meet Blackwell. He said something about them writing a book. Then they said something about going on "the tour" to him. Then they disappeared into the back. Hmmmm... very curious.
Went back today... nothing in the Mojo Chair. It was just Jenna there by herself and I don't think she can put anything in the chair (being fairly new and whatnot). She did elaborate on those mysterious guys though. They were from a children's television show in Chicago and filmed around TMR. They got some footage of Jenna helping one of the puppets put a quarter in the Monkey Band. I know Sesame Street Live tour is in Nashville right now. I am guessing it was them.
Has everything you said today been true?
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

sandmaniac3 wrote:
sandmaniac3 wrote:Got there when they opened. There were some guys who were there to meet Blackwell. He said something about them writing a book. Then they said something about going on "the tour" to him. Then they disappeared into the back. Hmmmm... very curious.
Went back today... nothing in the Mojo Chair. It was just Jenna there by herself and I don't think she can put anything in the chair (being fairly new and whatnot). She did elaborate on those mysterious guys though. They were from a children's television show in Chicago and filmed around TMR. They got some footage of Jenna helping one of the puppets put a quarter in the Monkey Band. I know Sesame Street Live tour is in Nashville right now. I am guessing it was them.
Sorry for continuing off-topic, but I think Jack on Sesame Street is a brilliant fit.
Just my two cents.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

mojoryan wrote:Sorry for continuing off-topic, but I think Jack on Sesame Street is a brilliant fit.
Just my two cents.
He's had some practice already--

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Sorry for continuing off-topic, but I think Jack on Sesame Street is a brilliant fit.
Just my two cents.

That was very funny! Thanks for that :D
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Nothing in the chair on Monday. They said that they only fill the chair "once in a while" and since something had sold this past weekend, nothing would be in the chair for a while (whatever that means). I'm still excited for my first Bizarro. I was definitely feeling the Mojo.
Has everything you said today been true?
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

They are pretty erratic whith the mojo schedule.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Freter wrote:They are pretty erratic whith the mojo schedule.
Yep.

One time I was in line for a release (forgot which one...). It was pretty busy and I was probably about 50th or 60th in line and they put out a Dex bizarro about 3 people before I got to the counter.

edit: I'm pretty sure it was the black poster release for the Triple Decker poster release now that I think about it.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

greginchains wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Just my two cents.

That was very funny! Thanks for that :D
That WAS awesome! Thanks for sharin', Kali.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

sandmaniac3 wrote:Nothing in the chair on Monday. They said that they only fill the chair "once in a while" and since something had sold this past weekend, nothing would be in the chair for a while (whatever that means). I'm still excited for my first Bizarro. I was definitely feeling the Mojo.
that's an excellent bizzaro too. not necessarily the music, but the cover is pretty cool, with her holding her head
congrats!
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

hxcoliver wrote: that's an excellent bizzaro too. not necessarily the music, but the cover is pretty cool, with her holding her head
congrats!
The song is one of my TMR faves!! Great performance.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Beb9913
Little Cream Soda

Post by Beb9913 »

Anything new in the mojo chair of late?
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

I honestly haven't been. I was waiting for RSD, but now I'm planning on going to Grimeys.
magi72009
Little Cream Soda

Post by magi72009 »

does anybody know if the shirt they had in the mojo chair is sought after the one that says Tennessee on it. i just bought one for $40 want to know how common they are
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

What does it look like? There's been a few T-shirts that got released in small batches.

If I remember correctly there was also a Karen RSD vicious in the chair a long while back. It's a bit of a hit and miss. Sometimes you get gems, other times it's oddities and extras.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III