Bizarro World at TMR

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: Bizarro World at TMR

Post by Jamie »

I don't mean they called, I mean they physically went into the store on the Thursday to buy things and was told there were none left at all. They even asked more than one member of staff to make sure.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

I found my Reverse TMLYM behind the counter Friday afternoon (LUCKY), along with a set of the yellows and BLUE t-shirt, BLUE badge, BLUE patch and Reverse ICYLaB. By 5 pm or so, there were 20 +/- copies of each yellow single left. The BLUE store was locked and only being opened on request or randomly. Ben S was there until closing.
Then I went to see It Might Get Loud in Pasadena.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

3 years and 3 days after that insane project I am bumping this thread after I finding a picture in my old HDD.
I am not sure it was previously posted (if it did it certainly doesnt load now).
3875808551_5da9c383e5_o.jpg
And reposting this cool video (I noticed something that wasnt that probably didnt see back then: Swank's shirt is blue instead of yellow to match the bizarro style of the popup store)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

trickster wrote:3 years and 3 days after that insane project I am bumping this thread after I finding a picture in my old HDD.
I am not sure it was previously posted (if it did it certainly doesnt load now).
And reposting this cool video (I noticed something that wasnt that probably didnt see back then: Swank's shirt is blue instead of yellow to match the bizarro style of the popup store)
Very cool picture. Thanks for posting...man I would love some of those records...

That video is pretty funny. :lol:
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

trickster wrote:3 years and 3 days after that insane project I am bumping this thread after I finding a picture in my old HDD.
Thats beautiful, love that blue wall
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Cool stuff - anyone ever actually put their hands on a biz horehound?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chrono_1980 wrote:
Cool stuff - anyone ever actually put their hands on a biz horehound?
i was thinking the same thing myself
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I think they only made one for the store. A regular copy with a slick applied. I thought I heard that Rob Jones now has it but may be mistaken.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

flattop2001 wrote:I think they only made one for the store. A regular copy with a slick applied. I thought I heard that Rob Jones now has it but may be mistaken.
Damn - I want one! :P
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Isn't love_islander's avatar this? I've never seen a close-up of this, so I'm interested as well how this actually looks like.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:Isn't love_islander's avatar this? I've never seen a close-up of this, so I'm interested as well how this actually looks like.
It was. I can't remember where I got the picture, but I know if I zoom in, it doesn't look pretty. I'd also love to get a glimpse of the real thing
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

OCD kicking in. Must have....
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

trickster wrote:
Thanks for re posting I forgot all about this. I wonder how many people got the joke on the day? Alison in the background taking pics cracks me up.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.