Pop Up Store

Your Turntable's Not Dead
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Re: Pop Up Store

Post by fondfarewell »

trickster wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:The release of this merch is bordering on the ridiculous. Definitely going to have to narrow my focus on collecting. And quick.
I am thinking that this getting out of control
I have no idea what is the idea behind this and I dont wanna start suspecting that Jack does it for our money
Hope things will get clear soon
If things continue like this then we will end up spending $200 per month on Jack merch
agreed. though i do prefer following a musician/band that releases too much rather than not enough. the compulsion to OWN IT ALL is something i think you're kinda forced to get over once the releases start piling up like this. but it gives you that much more opportunity to seek out those select items you really want from the jumble. i like to think jack's intentions are more about making available to fans everything we could possibly want, and less about expecting us to buy whatever random thing he puts his name on (however assured that result may be).
Last edited by fondfarewell on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

trickster wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:The release of this merch is bordering on the ridiculous. Definitely going to have to narrow my focus on collecting. And quick.
I am thinking that this getting out of control
I have no idea what is the idea behind this and I dont wanna start suspecting that Jack does it for our money
Hope things will get clear soon
If things continue like this then we will end up spending $200 per month on Jack merch
Nothing against you or any other collector, but you don't have to have everything. I think all of these crazy/random merch drops are really neat and I hope they continue. I like to see what kind of stuff they'll come up with next. And even if he was doing this for the money, could you blame him? Wouldn't you do the same exact thing if you were in his position.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

fondfarewell wrote: agreed. though i do prefer following a musician/band that releases too much rather than not enough. the compulsion to OWN IT ALL is something i think you're kinda forced to get over once the releases start piling up like this. but it gives you that much more opportunity to seek out those select items you really want from the jumble. i like to think jack's intentions are more about making available to fans everything we could possibly want, and less about expecting us to buy whatever random thing he puts his name on (however assured that result may be).
excellent point
I like it
I guess from now on collectors will have to decide which items they will have
Completists will extinct
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

I'm not a completist by any means. I'm happy when more fans are getting nifty items. But records without holes, and photoshopped sleeves? Pretty absurd. Fun - but absurd.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Like Blackwell said they like fucking with the collectors. Definitely cool they are doing the pop up thing with exclusive releases. I could care less about owning them all but it is fun to see everyone go apeshit.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

So the Jack White Bizarro release... the one that sold on ebay had a pic of the back. It looks like the record label (paper) goes across the hole but there is a hole in the vinyl. If you play it, you gotta punch a hole in the label (I'm just guessing from the little pic). Now that's what I call fucking with the collectors! :lol: I guess when people say "unplayed" they are gonna have to mean it when it comes to this release.

3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

wouldn't it be crazy if they recorded a new song and pressed it on a vinyl with no hole at all that couldn't be played on any record player unless someone drilled a hole in it.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

That would be pretty hilarious. Although, I suppose you could take your spindle off your turntable (1), I think that can be done with most. I don't reccommend it though.

(1) Benbow's suggestion from the highway to Trout Lake (the boonies). Blame him for any broken needles.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

7th_son wrote:That would be pretty hilarious. Although, I suppose you could take your spindle off your turntable, I think that can be done with most. I don't reccommend it though.
I can pull the spindle out of the middle of one of my tables and play it just laying there flat....
Now if it's recorded backwards, i might have to do some hand spinning...
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I'm betting we haven't seen the last of TMR's gimmicks. We may see something like this in the future after all.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Popup poster
from Ochfish707

Bizarro store had its own poster
from campp009 of LR
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

mine mine mine :o
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Wait, they've got the Dean copy of Horehound too?!

And what's in the white sleeve? A backwards ICLAB?
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Jamie wrote:Wait, they've got the Dean copy of Horehound too?!

And what's in the white sleeve? A backwards ICLAB?
yes and yes
I dont know if Dean HH is colored though
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Doesn't matter to me, that's pretty funny. Any idea on the prices?