Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Post by rsimms3 »

So, how many folks have entered this contest? How many told TMR a little bit about themselves?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

rsimms3 wrote:So, how many folks have entered this contest? How many told TMR a little bit about themselves?
Yeah that. Curious. I'm not entering. Wouldn't be cool since I won the last one. Annnnnd I'm broke.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

I sent my email yesterday. Someone is going to win, why not me?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I entered...and probably told them too much about myself...fingers crossed though.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Stl_ben wrote:I entered...and probably told them too much about myself...fingers crossed though.
you didn't tell them about dressing up as albert pujols in drag for halloween did you?
he is everything i hate...
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Stl_ben wrote:I entered...and probably told them too much about myself...fingers crossed though.
I rambled on a bit as well. Do you really think its random?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I just entered yesterday and wrote a little bit. Fingers crossed. If the deadline is at noon, I wonder when they will start sending emails out.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I just entered yesterday and wrote a little bit. Fingers crossed. If the deadline is at noon, I wonder when they will start sending emails out.
Tuesday of next week. :P
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

I told them this--->
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3508&p=51458&hilit ... ers#p51458 which read...
mojoryan wrote:My parents managed to "rescue" me from a black-market child trading ring that moved children from spiritual cult to spiritual cult based on what they felt was the child's "calling." The way I'm told, I started out in some bizarre (and little known) Cthulhu cult; then was passed to some Hoodoo woman in Arkansas; next to a Mahikari group. The folks were actually on a retreat there and saw me being passed to and fro, and asked about me. They told them my back story, and how I was too "dark" for the Cthulhu cult, too "light" for the Hoodoo lady and the Mahikari didn't quite to know what to make of me, with my "singing in tongues" and natural bent for all things musical...so, my father being a singer and grand-child of Goodnight (a Tsalagi medicine person) knew he and my mother could give me a good home. So, pops started calling me Mojo at an early age, unbeknownst to me, based on my "sorted" background and peculiar musical skill-set (think "Got My Mojo Working" by Muddy Waters...yeah, that's right..."Muddy" [for those who don't know, my "family" name is Muddiman]).

They already had a child named Brian and thought they might like to name me something similar in hopes of fostering a sense of "belonging" in me. Thus, they called me Ryan. Of course, pops didn't call me "Mojo" openly early on, as he didn't want me asking too many questions. But, when I was still a wee lad and found myself drawn to The Doors, the "Mojo" thing reared it's head for the first time; but from me singing L.A. Woman one day, rather than he just saying it. So pops started calling me MojoRyan. Then, of course, I found myself naturally drawn to the likes of Jeff Buckley (one might say, obsessed) and from his song Mojo Pin, I decided that I liked the moniker, and officially adopted MojoRyan.

There ya have it.
8-)

...not really. Although in retrospect....
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

oh man this party is going to be soooooo cool.
DasaniYoni

Post by DasaniYoni »

rsimms3 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I just entered yesterday and wrote a little bit. Fingers crossed. If the deadline is at noon, I wonder when they will start sending emails out.

I'd entered on Tuesday and I wrote a little bit about myself without sounding like a blabbering child or worse, sounding like an ad for a dating site, lol! Why they're sending emails on Tuesday though? The suspense is bad enough on Friday after 12CT! :lol:
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

DasaniYoni wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

I'd entered on Tuesday and I wrote a little bit about myself without sounding like a blabbering child or worse, sounding like an ad for a dating site, lol! Why they're sending emails on Tuesday though? The suspense is bad enough on Friday after 12CT! :lol:
It was sarcasm based on the last contest. Hence the :-P
DasaniYoni

Post by DasaniYoni »

rsimms3 wrote:
DasaniYoni wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

It was sarcasm based on the last contest. Hence the :-P
*smacks head* I need more coffee, lol
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

gdm wrote:
Randomish.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Aquamarine wrote:
gdm wrote:
Randomish.
As long as they pick me it doesn't matter to me how they do it. ;)