Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Re: Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Post by oojavaguru »

Really want to give props to Ben Swank and the entire Vault crew. Just a tremendous night. I remember growing up and seeing those American Express commericals that always ended with the tagline "Membership has its privledges", well I can tell you that being a Vault member is right up there. If anyone isn't paying $60 a quarter to be a part of this, then their loss.

Anywhoo.....Flew into Nashville from DC (via Philadelphia). Turned out when we were landing Scott (from Canada) and Leslie (from Pittsburgh) were on the plane. I took a taxi to my hotel (start playing Deliverance soundtrack now), checked in and then headed to Grimey's. Picked up a few things and then headed to 3rd Man. That is where I met 2 guys who drove up from Florida and had been slumming around 3rd man for a while. They didn't open up the gate to the back alley entrance, until literally 15 minutes before 6pm (despite the fact it was a constant downpour). Got to people watch as a lot of the "VIPs" were coming in the front door.

When we finally got inside, what STLBEN posted is great. But I'll add a few tidbits of note:

* I was the one who asked Swank about RSD, so good that we got a little scoop on that in advance
* I also asked Swank separately about SXSW and his quote was the following: "there will be one exclusive item that EVERYONE will want to get there hands on", so if you are going to SXSW, let me know. I may try to make it, but haven't decided yet.
* Met industry people from Apple's ITunes, Sony Music Japan, Columbia Records, etc. FYI--it was the Applie Itunes guy that spoiled that Jack was playing, which I shared with the others. I mean it was pretty obvious, but you weren't sure.
* Free bar allowed me to alternate between Amstel Light, Labatt Blue and Stella
* They had a free picture booth that a lot of us got pictures in, as well as a lot of the VIPs
* They had a guy taking Polarid pictures, who kept cutting off the tops of everyone's head....our theory was so that we could never publish the photos...lol
* Show was filmed using several cameras, so I am hoping we get a Vinyl *AND* DVD/Blu-Ray release for this
* Mark it down, Blunderbuss will be on nearly everyone's top 10 list by the end of the year. The future of Jack White is strong my friends. MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING!
* The poster, sticker, buttons, tour 7" sold after the show were a nice bonus
* Everyone at 3rd man was super nice, from the interns to the staff. This was a first-class run event.
* Really enjoyed meeting everyone from Dallas, Atlanta, Kentucky, St. Louis, Canada, Pittsburgh, Florida, Nashville, etc.

That's it for now

Shawn
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Can we see this tour 7"? Come on people!
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

oojavaguru wrote:Really want to give props to Ben Swank and the entire Vault crew. Just a tremendous night. I remember growing up and seeing those American Express commericals that always ended with the tagline "Membership has its privledges", well I can tell you that being a Vault member is right up there. If anyone isn't paying $60 a quarter to be a part of this, then their loss.

Anywhoo.....Flew into Nashville from DC (via Philadelphia). Turned out when we were landing Scott (from Canada) and Leslie (from Pittsburgh) were on the plane. I took a taxi to my hotel (start playing Deliverance soundtrack now), checked in and then headed to Grimey's. Picked up a few things and then headed to 3rd Man. That is where I met 2 guys who drove up from Florida and had been slumming around 3rd man for a while. They didn't open up the gate to the back alley entrance, until literally 15 minutes before 6pm (despite the fact it was a constant downpour). Got to people watch as a lot of the "VIPs" were coming in the front door.

When we finally got inside, what STLBEN posted is great. But I'll add a few tidbits of note:

* I was the one who asked Swank about RSD, so good that we got a little scoop on that in advance
* I also asked Swank separately about SXSW and his quote was the following: "there will be one exclusive item that EVERYONE will want to get there hands on", so if you are going to SXSW, let me know. I may try to make it, but haven't decided yet.
* Met industry people from Apple's ITunes, Sony Music Japan, Columbia Records, etc. FYI--it was the Applie Itunes guy that spoiled that Jack was playing, which I shared with the others. I mean it was pretty obvious, but you weren't sure.
* Free bar allowed me to alternate between Amstel Light, Labatt Blue and Stella
* They had a free picture booth that a lot of us got pictures in, as well as a lot of the VIPs
* They had a guy taking Polarid pictures, who kept cutting off the tops of everyone's head....our theory was so that we could never publish the photos...lol
* Show was filmed using several cameras, so I am hoping we get a Vinyl *AND* DVD/Blu-Ray release for this
* Mark it down, Blunderbuss will be on nearly everyone's top 10 list by the end of the year. The future of Jack White is strong my friends. MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING!
* The poster, sticker, buttons, tour 7" sold after the show were a nice bonus
* Everyone at 3rd man was super nice, from the interns to the staff. This was a first-class run event.
* Really enjoyed meeting everyone from Dallas, Atlanta, Kentucky, St. Louis, Canada, Pittsburgh, Florida, Nashville, etc.

That's it for now

Shawn

can someone post a picture of the tour 7' and show poster?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

The show poster has been posted.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I had the 45 at my desk, so here you go!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

The poster is on the previous page. It's a beauty.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Cool. Hope I can get one tomorrow.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Could someone who is going tomorrow or has two pick me up a 7"? I really want one. PM me of you can. Thanks!
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Post by oojavaguru »

Here are pics for you guys/gals:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?tab= ... 0876629442

hopefully it works
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

oojavaguru wrote:Here are pics for you guys/gals:

hopefully it works
no luck here
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

awesome tour 45 sleeve also. It looks like a good start for a Jack White comic book
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

oojavaguru wrote:Here are pics for you guys/gals:

hopefully it works
Works great. Thanks. Can you put a picture up of the vinyl? I wanna see! haha
helloabsalom
Little Bird

Post by helloabsalom »

I went ahead and photographed all of my merch and the swag from the party last night to show my penpal in Scotland. I figured I would share it here as well if anyone is interested. No intention of stepping on any toes!!

Consider yourself warned... DO NOT click the link if you want to be surprised by the merch when you get to the shows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77862752@N ... 185630008/

Hope you enjoy!! :D
helloabsalom = The Official White Swirl Thread Killer
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

the money i would spend to obtain that poster...

.... Jesus.
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

hawke000 wrote:the money i would spend to obtain that poster...

.... Jesus.
I'm pretty sure that the Poster is a Todd Slater and should be available on Todd's website over the next month-or-so. No Variant of it though
as Jack was particular about the coloring.

PS - it's the T-Shirts that do it for me... excellent. I want !