Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
hawke000

Re: Third Man Records third anniversary party ( and contest)

Post by hawke000 »

colditz wrote:
hawke000 wrote:the money i would spend to obtain that poster...

.... Jesus.
I'm pretty sure that the Poster is a Todd Slater and should be available on Todd's website over the next month-or-so. No Variant of it though
as Jack was particular about the coloring.

PS - it's the T-Shirts that do it for me... excellent. I want !
good good good news
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

helloabsalom wrote:I went ahead and photographed all of my merch and the swag from the party last night to show my penpal in Scotland. I figured I would share it here as well if anyone is interested. No intention of stepping on any toes!!

Consider yourself warned... DO NOT click the link if you want to be surprised by the merch when you get to the shows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77862752@N ... 185630008/

Hope you enjoy!! :D
Thanks! Thought I might as well look, as I imagine the merch will either have sold out by the end of the show, or the merch table will have disappeared, so I'll be reduced to whatever I can afford on eBay anyway. TMR certainly did you guys proud!
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

Oooh. I love the tote bag!
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

alteridiom wrote:Stopped by TMR about an hour ago. Had shirts, stickers, and a poster from last night for sale. Grabbed a poster as it was too badass to pass up. Loving the vulture imagery with this album. Not sure how many they had left. Isn't numbered or signed. Not sure who designed it but it doesn't look very Rob Jones to me. Maybe tomorrow night we will get an RJ. Text above Jack White says Third Man Records Third Year Anniversary.

Interesting choice of design. Beckons to Blackpool, with a twist.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

That poster rocks
Grim
I am everything you hate...
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

I am still trying to process everything that I saw on Thursday. Seeing Jack play in the blue room was a once in a lifetime experience for sure and one that I didn't think I would ever get to enjoy. Meeting all the other swirlers and sharing it with them was great as well. Stl_ben, runofthemill, kal04, curseofhalos, helloabsalon, flattop2001, oojavaguru also a crazy irish guy name Peter ( I forget what his screen name is ) who gave me his tickets for the Greenhorns show because they ended up not being able to go. The whole experience is something I won't soon forget. and the 3rpm record well that beauty is my new prized possession I don't think I will play it any time soon. :D
harvestgirl
spinning top mama

Post by harvestgirl »

tote bag rules!!!
"Doodled on your Milwaukee 03 as well (white flowers, cups of coffee, and love letters)"
JPlo
Little Bird

Post by JPlo »

.... Jesus.
The poster is on sale at the TMR store for $30, I bought one this afternoon.
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

hawke000 wrote:
colditz wrote:
.... Jesus.
I'm pretty sure that the Poster is a Todd Slater and should be available on Todd's website over the next month-or-so. No Variant of it though
as Jack was particular about the coloring.

PS - it's the T-Shirts that do it for me... excellent. I want !
good good good news
Unfotunately, I got it wrong - that poster is a Miles Johnson (Third Man) poster. Todd is doing one of the upcoming JW shows.
DasaniYoni

Post by DasaniYoni »

Stl_ben wrote:OK, well 5 hour drive home and 2 hours of sleep, let me recap what I can before I'm off to work....where to start?

Me and GDM go into the store a little before 5 just to see if TMR has anything out for the show, they let us know they just have the items from JW solo tour merch: pins, 3 t-shirts and a sticker. We spend our money, then hang out in the car for a bit. So doors are at 6 and TMR does the shocking, the let us in 5 minutes early...well not all the way in, but to the little ID check room. At that point the staff remind us that we can't take anything, no phones, coats, wallets...anything. So one by one they have us check our stuff and they put it into lovely little tote bags, made just for the party! They let us know we get the bag at the end of the night with a present in it (more on that later!) Once we are in the venue it's mainly us and staff for the 1st hour. However, the staff are all super and even answer a few questions. At one point Swank walks up and someone just asks whats going to be released for RSD, and he tells us! (It should be announced today so I won't spoil it.) Open bar, appetizers being served, free photo booth, and a guy is going around with polaroids taking pictures for everyone. From 6-7 we all mingle, thank you Swirlers for being more social than I have ever seen before. I met so many people I don't want to list your names because I know I will forget someone. We all hope that JW is the headliner, those words keep getting said, but no one wants their hopes to be too high. After a little while we go back to the door guy and ask if we can grab our wallets out of our bags so we can tip the bartenders, and the guys like sure and do you want to see what else is in the bag! Its an LP with every Blue Series release on it, you may ask how do you fit so many songs one LP...it spins at 3 RPM! The cover is amazing and TMR-143 is now one of my new prized possessions!
As it gets to be about 7:30 the rooms starts filling up as it gets closer to time for Hells Beach to play. Tonight though none of the room is roped off for VIP, its just a room full of awesome people. Amongst the crowd: The Black Belles, Jeff the Brotherhood, Little Jack, Allison, Karen, Jemma (BYOP), Jack's Mom and probably many more I didn't even notice. Swank introduces Hells Beach as the band that released his favorite LP of 2010. They put on a great 40 minute set.
As their instruments are removed from the stage JW female bands instruments are being set up! At this point we all get pretty giddy, but I try to keep my hopes low still thinking he will probably just quickly play through the new album...boy did I set my hopes low! Well he comes and goes right into Dead Leaves and from that point on we know it's going to be a great night. I try to write down the set list as set goes on, but I won't repeat it since it has now already been posted. So when the first real is done Jack talks about his mom being in town and that she brought him a gift, a Green Dish Towel... Allison and Karen are right next to us/the stage and getting into every song just as much as anyone else in the crowd which I found amazing. Allison goes to take a photo at one point and security stops her saying no photos, I chuckled. So jack plays this amazing set that is a mix of all the bands goes of stage, and as we are assuming there will be an encore one of the staffers comes up and tells us individually hey don't go anywhere Jack is just switching to the all guy band and will do another set!
At this point we are discussing how blown away already and we are and what could he possibly do to top it, my suggestion play Ball & Biscuit...and wow they played Ball & Biscuit! B&B was soooooo good with the full band and thought that would have to be the final song, but no right into Steady as She Goes. That could of also easily closed the show, but nope right into 7 Nation Army...These songs all sounded so fall and great with the band really rocking. The show ended and I thought things couldn't get any better. We stood by the stage for a few moments and CurseofHalos casually asked a stage hand if he could have a pick, he wanted to but wasn't sure if he was allowed to hand them out, but no sooner than he turned around another stage hand showered us with a hand full of them. The security then informed us it was time to call it a night if we didn't have badges. GDM and I decided we would poke our heads into the store for one last look before we left, GOOD CALL. They had a show print and a special sleeve for the Love Interupted! (They said the special LI sleeves should be available on tour).

Anyways sorry to ramble, but now I need to go to work. Thank you TMR and all the great people there for a wonderful night.

Thank you so much for this summary! Although I'm bummed I didn't win, I am very happy for our Swirlers who did and had a fabulous time!! 8-)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

JPlo wrote:

.... Jesus.
The poster is on sale at the TMR store for $30, I bought one this afternoon.
Any idea how many were left? Knowing TMR, though, they probably wouldn't ship one if I called to request it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

anyone popping by TMR this week? I'll make it worth your while.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I called TMR earlier and had my suspicion that they wouldn't ship these confirmed. But then this evening, a friend who was there this afternoon called and told me that they had "a lot" of them available.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JPlo
Little Bird

Post by JPlo »

Kali Durga wrote:I called TMR earlier and had my suspicion that they wouldn't ship these confirmed. But then this evening, a friend who was there this afternoon called and told me that they had "a lot" of them available.
Yea, I would say that on Saturday there was a stack about 2 inches high.
cbautista
Little Bird

Post by cbautista »

I have a Third Man Records Third Anniversary Poster that was only sold for one day and I want to trade it with anyone that has a poster from the Chattanooga show! Let me know!!