new releases?

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: new releases?

Post by Kali Durga »

Kali Durga wrote:I just tinkled in my pants a little bit and fell in love with Jack a little more.
Fixed.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Kali Durga wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I just tinkled in my Pants a little bit and fell in love with Jack a little more.
Fixed.
please dont use the letter P on this thread.
:D :lol:
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i really hope TMR comes to austin again for SXSW so i can load up again on tradable items.
the charley patton LP is going to be a must.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

These reissues are gonna be insane. Glad I have saved up some sick days...
Hyperbole used for effect!
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Hamptonio wrote:i really hope TMR comes to austin again for SXSW
^This... Still mad I missed it last time...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Yeah, this may be one of the coolest damn things I've seen in a while.
And a big fucking hell yeah to Jack for, "You should expose kids to [records] like you expose them to books..." Couldn't agree more. It's our duty to educate them!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Damn. That's pretty great.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

mojoryan wrote:Yeah, this may be one of the coolest damn things I've seen in a while.
And a big fucking hell yeah to Jack for, "You should expose kids to [records] like you expose them to books..." Couldn't agree more. It's our duty to educate them!
My parents didn't.
I got addicted on my own time
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Jack obviously needs to have a talk with your parents. Not about you, necessarily, but just on principle.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

TheHen0 wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Yeah, this may be one of the coolest damn things I've seen in a while.
My parents didn't.
I got addicted on my own time
I'd say you're doin' quite alright on your own, then. Congrats on looking past the garbage the radio tries to spoon-feed us. (ok, it's definitely not ALL crap...just the largest part of it)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

White Swirl referenced in this Pitchfork news article: http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45000-jac ... tom-jones/
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

sjcapps07 wrote:White Swirl referenced in this Pitchfork news article: http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45000-jac ... tom-jones/
I was just about to post this!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Notice that the original reference comes from TwentyFourBit, who I'm convinced gets 90% of their Jack news from here and the Little Room.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

You have to laugh at the opening post of the thread they link to. Some solid reporting there. :lol: And the posts that follow are golden examples of quality as well.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

I was just about to post that pitchfork link too. Seems we all have the same instincts round here...

EDIT: Can the opening post be edited to say something offensive to pitchfork please? As long as there's no airborne genitalia...
Last edited by grumblestiltskin on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patient B1003