TMR official iPhone case

Your Turntable's Not Dead
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Re: TMR official iPhone case

Post by campp009 »

arewhyehen wrote:How is everyone's vinyl inserts holding up? Mines pretty scratched up and the label is chipping off. I've also dropped my phone a few times and the plastic bumper has come apart and flown all over, causing my case to land on the ground after impact. anyone else?
Scratched here and there. No label chips...yet.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

The grooves are a little scratched up, but it's not super noticeable unless the light catches it just right. I like the sleek bumper, haven't dropped it yet so not sure if it will pop on impact. We need more interesting inserts I think.
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

campp009 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:How is everyone's vinyl inserts holding up? Mines pretty scratched up and the label is chipping off. I've also dropped my phone a few times and the plastic bumper has come apart and flown all over, causing my case to land on the ground after impact. anyone else?
Scratched here and there. No label chips...yet.
all the above... labels peeling off under the bumper and bumper doesn't hold it together through impact
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I've dropped mine a couple times and it came apart but it went right back together again. No damage to the actual phone though. My insert shows some wear but I'm pretty hard on it so that's to be expected. No label peeling or cracking though.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I work in an office all day, Im not hard on my phone haha
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I've put my phone through way worse and it's held up nicely. I'm not getting the peeling effect. I haven't used my extra accessories regarding different records, stuck to the original so far, its sharp by default.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

do you carry your keeys in the same pocket as your phone? Maybe that is doing all the scratching?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

love_islander wrote:do you carry your keeys in the same pocket as your phone? Maybe that is doing all the scratching?
Heck no. I never put my keys or change or anything in my pockets with my phone. My right pocket is phone on,y and my other pocket is everything else. The only thing I can think of is that little metal snap thing they put at the top of your pocket
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

TMR's twitter feed tweeted a discount code for the phone case today....look it up for 15% off (I think)

That also answers the question someone had on here before about whether or not TMR actually had discount codes or if it was just part of the stores layout.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Has anyone had any trouble with their button at the top right of their phone? I am going in to replace the button because it doesn't work anymore. it doesn't click down like it used to and i have to use both hands in order to press the button down and turn the screen off. I am wondering if its something to do with the TMR case. I noticed that the button opening is pretty deep because the case is so thick and that makes me press harder on the button all the time. Has anyone else had this problem and they are using their TMR case?

Might be part of poor design by the case designer.....or a bad button from apple hah
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

My iPod is like that, but I don't have a hard case.
Its pretty much impossible to push the button now.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

TheHen0 wrote:My iPod is like that, but I don't have a hard case.
Its pretty much impossible to push the button now.
hmm alright thanks. Might just be a cheap button. I feel like I press a lot harder on the button now because the opening is so small and my finger is fat so i need to push harder...good thing its under warranty
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

arewhyehen wrote:Has anyone had any trouble with their button at the top right of their phone? I am going in to replace the button because it doesn't work anymore. it doesn't click down like it used to and i have to use both hands in order to press the button down and turn the screen off. I am wondering if its something to do with the TMR case. I noticed that the button opening is pretty deep because the case is so thick and that makes me press harder on the button all the time. Has anyone else had this problem and they are using their TMR case?

Might be part of poor design by the case designer.....or a bad button from apple hah
Is it the 4s? A friend of mine has had a couple problems with that. Be careful pressing too hard, his got stuck both times and wont work at all anymore. Just put a very short autolock timer on it as a temporary fix
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

if anyone wants one of these, white with all 4 inserts brand new, PM me an offer, I will never use it...
Brad
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bkramer10 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Has anyone had any trouble with their button at the top right of their phone? I am going in to replace the button because it doesn't work anymore. it doesn't click down like it used to and i have to use both hands in order to press the button down and turn the screen off. I am wondering if its something to do with the TMR case. I noticed that the button opening is pretty deep because the case is so thick and that makes me press harder on the button all the time. Has anyone else had this problem and they are using their TMR case?

Is it the 4s? A friend of mine has had a couple problems with that. Be careful pressing too hard, his got stuck both times and wont work at all anymore. Just put a very short autolock timer on it as a temporary fix
Mine is the 4s as well. Good to know. I will probably get the new one soon anyways lol