any juggalos out there?

Your Turntable's Not Dead
love_islander
Little People

Re: any juggalos out there?

Post by love_islander »

Moller72 wrote:
HonestJohn wrote:According to a new FBI report on gang activity, they consider Juggalos as dangerous as gangs such as the Bloods, Crips, and Aryan Brotherhood: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10 ... own-posse/
Really J. Edgar?!

More interesting is a Wired profile of ICP referred to in the above article: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/11/ff_icp/. I'm not a fan of the product, but you have to admire their DIY business approach. Reminds me of another DIY label we've come to know and love.
One in my city recently cut a girl to pieces and put her in a duffel bag.
That wired article was pretty interesting. I'd see the juggalo thing useful to be able to hide in plain sight for some. For all the juggalos cutting up people stuffing them up in duffel bags, there's probably 200 non-juggalos doing the same thing
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
HonestJohn wrote:According to a new FBI report on gang activity, they consider Juggalos as dangerous as gangs such as the Bloods, Crips, and Aryan Brotherhood: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10 ... own-posse/
Really J. Edgar?!

More interesting is a Wired profile of ICP referred to in the above article: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/11/ff_icp/. I'm not a fan of the product, but you have to admire their DIY business approach. Reminds me of another DIY label we've come to know and love.
One in my city recently cut a girl to pieces and put her in a duffel bag.
That wired article was pretty interesting. I'd see the juggalo thing useful to be able to hide in plain sight for some. For all the juggalos cutting up people stuffing them up in duffel bags, there's probably 200 non-juggalos doing the same thing
I agree completely it is just funny how they all say they are family and then one cuts up another one.
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

You don't cut people up in your family?
Well, I am related to Dahmer on my Mothers side.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

FBI compares Insane Clown Posse's 'Juggalo' fans to a criminal gang
http://www.nme.com/news/insane-clown-posse/60133
Article includes a reference to the TMR release
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

And it's finally made yahoo headlines!
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fbi ... 39557.html
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

So is it a good or bad thing that TMR is now associated with them?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

love_islander wrote:So is it a good or bad thing that TMR is now associated with them?
I never thought it was a good idea.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Why do people think of TMR as being "associated" with ICP? They did one single. How frequently do you think of TMR as being "associated" with Transit or Chris Thile?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Kali Durga wrote:Why do people think of TMR as being "associated" with ICP? They did one single. How frequently do you think of TMR as being "associated" with Transit or Chris Thile?
All the time. :)
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

greginchains wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Why do people think of TMR as being "associated" with ICP? They did one single. How frequently do you think of TMR as being "associated" with Transit or Chris Thile?
+1
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
greginchains wrote:
+1
ain't no party like a juggalo party.
he is everything i hate...
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

If they are named in an article with juggalos, they have been associated. Just because you don't normally, doesn't mean that they can't be
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

love_islander wrote:If they are named in an article with juggalos, they have been associated. Just because you don't normally, doesn't mean that they can't be
They've been associated by the publisher of that article. People who read the article should be able to make up their own minds. But we all know that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

Though how much attention is that article really getting? We happen to all be aware of it because we follow news about Jack, but this whole brouhaha has died down surprisingly quickly. I have trouble imagining this bringing it back up, unless people fixate on it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

my thoughts on this center around the basic understanding of what makes a juggalo part of the 'fam'

its not like TMR is some loose knit association of carni's that go around throwing up gang signs or hosting jello wrestling contests

the associations formed by TMR are not drug-based, theivery-based or generally established through the brotherhood of clown lore

generally speaking Jack does not seem to be the free-roaming rogue who casts the dice at the lowest common denominator
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:my thoughts on this center around the basic understanding of what makes a juggalo part of the 'fam'

its not like TMR is some loose knit association of carni's that go around throwing up gang signs or hosting jello wrestling contests

the associations formed by TMR are not drug-based, theivery-based or generally established through the brotherhood of clown lore

generally speaking Jack does not seem to be the free-roaming rogue who casts the dice at the lowest common denominator
I guess in the end (without listening to the actual single - the only thing that TMR advocating by that single was tossing the salad