any juggalos out there?

Your Turntable's Not Dead
hawke000

Re: any juggalos out there?

Post by hawke000 »

runofthemill wrote:I think he just wants to prove that people will buy anything.

*raises hand*
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

TMR-109
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

runofthemill wrote:I think he just wants to prove that people will buy anything.
I will be happy to prove him wrong.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Oh Jackie boy your really getting fucked in the head aren't you.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

LOL!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Isn't that guy in ICP the lead singer from Smash Mouth?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Good thing I'm not a completist.

I guess the title says it all!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

woodisgood wrote:Good thing I'm not a completist.
I think/hope this makes some of them that are,re-think their complete-ism.
I am in dis-belief.
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I have every Blue Series release (Colbert is the only disappointment so far) and am now contemplating whether or not to leave this one out. Probably will have to get it so there's not a hole. I just hope (if this is a joke) he doesn't do it too often.
liverpool4life
Little Cream Soda

Post by liverpool4life »

I had a brief love affair with ICP back in the day. During the "Riddle Box" album period. Some of the songs and lyrics make references to some of Edgar Allen Poe's works and imagery. But the shiny feelings of love wore off fast. For one reason or another, the Juggalo culture is entertaining. It could be said that ICP have a more "rabid" and devoted fan base than Jack White or the White Stripes.

I guess TMR continues to obliterate those imaginary lines we all have in our minds. This could be an attempt to really push and challenge the rabid Jack White fan base, you know the purists. This could be one of those tri-colors that doesn't garner much praise immediately but ends up being one of the most sought after, 20 years down the road.

Also, based on what knowledge I have, most ICP "juggalos" are lower middle class, white males, and were along time ago kicked off their parents teet, when they started wearing clown makeup in public. So that fan base may not push the prices up if you buy a tri color and sell it on eBay.

Are ICP playing the MI Fest?
cscott04
Little Bird

Post by cscott04 »

This is terrible there are so many good artists that are unsigned and waiting for a break that deserve to have a single from Third Man Records. If Jack White continues on this path I don't think I will be a fan much longer. Third Man Records started with great promise and I was looking forward to seeing what great collaborations and new bands Jack would sign and discover but this year has had its share of disappointments. I really can't understand why he would collaborate with them it seems that Jack has switched his focus from great bands and music to something much different, I hope I am wrong and this a joke.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

That JtB riff is great!
Maybe if I turn my speakers all the way to the right in stereo, I could cancel out the vocals.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

What the fucking fuck...This will truly be a test for all you "collectors"...a line has been drawn. Which side are you on?
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

*sigh*
Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

cscott04 wrote:This is terrible there are so many good artists that are unsigned and waiting for a break that deserve to have a single from Third Man Records. If Jack White continues on this path I don't think I will be a fan much longer. Third Man Records started with great promise and I was looking forward to seeing what great collaborations and new bands Jack would sign and discover but this year has had its share of disappointments. I really can't understand why he would collaborate with them it seems that Jack has switched his focus from great bands and music to something much different, I hope I am wrong and this a joke.
Mildred and the Mice...

“this is exactly the kind of record we want to put out.” - Jack White