Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (TMR vinyl release)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (TMR vinyl release)

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Hamptonio wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Yeah, I "LIKED" yours too Hamptonio old boy. I fear that photo will go down in infamy. You'll never escape its somewhat gentle glow.
haha!
thanks for the vote.
what's up with that brazilian guy f-ing blasting off with the votes today?
for one, he ain't even wearing a dress...and all of his votes are from brazilians. weird.
i say BOOT HIM. :)
I don't know, maybe a Brazilian Swirl exists somewhere out there. haha
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Yeah, I "LIKED" yours too Hamptonio old boy. I fear that photo will go down in infamy. You'll never escape its somewhat gentle glow.
haha!
thanks for the vote.
for one, he ain't even wearing a dress...and all of his votes are from brazilians. weird.
that guy isn't even in a blue dress
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

love_islander wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
haha!
thanks for the vote.
that guy isn't even in a blue dress
Now how the hell do we know what a blue dress looks like in Brazil?
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I've been to Brazil, and I saw blue dresses there. They didn't look like that.

I am distraught because not only have I been unable to track down a pic of me in a blue crinoline at my bro's wedding, but my copy of Van Lear Rose, which may after all have been one of these random blue ones, is lost in the mail. The USPS is investigating, and those fine folks at TMR will help me out if no dice, but still. :cry: A poster that should be adorning my wall went missing on the same day. :x
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Alls I know is... Little Red Shoes brings tears to my eyes. Loretta's so damned cute.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
texascyclone
Little Acorn

Post by texascyclone »

! of my Favorites from my childhodd cant wait to get to Mi. fest
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

I need some more help, that dude from brazil is beating me and he is in jeans. here is the link.....

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Hamtonio's Photo
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/phot ... =1&theater

I am currently in 4th :( and Hamtonio is 1st :)
redsox401 wrote:All right people I’m throwing my hat in the ring. I "liked" Hamtonio's pic and he’s for sure going to be in the top three, now I ask for your help to get me up there. I did not have a blue dress lying around so I did my best with some towels. Also I went with the reverse photo with the band in the background. Hope you find it like worthy.
Hi
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

redsox401 wrote:I need some more help, that dude from brazil is beating me and he is in jeans. here is the link.....

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Hamtonio's Photo
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/phot ... =1&theater

I am currently in 4th :( and Hamtonio is 1st :)
redsox401 wrote:All right people I’m throwing my hat in the ring. I "liked" Hamtonio's pic and he’s for sure going to be in the top three, now I ask for your help to get me up there. I did not have a blue dress lying around so I did my best with some towels. Also I went with the reverse photo with the band in the background. Hope you find it like worthy.
i doubt that the brazilian is even going to be counted. no dress, no vinyl. that was the whole point of the contest, right? wear a dress? am i takin crazy pills? i'll tell my friends to put in votes for you.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

Hamptonio wrote: i doubt that the brazilian is even going to be counted. no dress, no vinyl. that was the whole point of the contest, right? wear a dress? am i takin crazy pills? i'll tell my friends to put in votes for you.
Thanks dude. I dont have a dress either, just towels, but its deff. better effort than his photo.
Hi
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Here's what I did to help you out, Robert. I posted the following on my facebook page, along with your picture:
"This is a friend of mine, Robert. He's in a contest to win a blue vinyl version of Loretta Lynn's "Van Lear Rose" lp from Third Man Records. Go to the Third Man records page ( https://www.facebook.com/Third​ManRecords) , like the page, and then find this photo and "like" it for him. Help a soldier get some rare blue vinyl! Thanks."

Dave got first in the bag; let's see if we can't get redsox in the top too!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

redsox401 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote: i doubt that the brazilian is even going to be counted. no dress, no vinyl. that was the whole point of the contest, right? wear a dress? am i takin crazy pills? i'll tell my friends to put in votes for you.
Thanks dude. I dont have a dress either, just towels, but its deff. better effort than his photo.
my wife voted for you, ya handsome son of a bitch.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

redsox401 wrote: Thanks dude. I dont have a dress either, just towels, but its deff. better effort than his photo.
Your photo is fantastic - liked it as soon as you put it up. I think the three winners (ie you and Dave included) need to post your photos on the Swirl for posterity.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Post by MuleSkinner »

mojoryan wrote:Here's what I did to help you out, Robert. I posted the following on my facebook page, along with your picture:
"This is a friend of mine, Robert. He's in a contest to win a blue vinyl version of Loretta Lynn's "Van Lear Rose" lp from Third Man Records. Go to the Third Man records page ( https://www.facebook.com/Third​ManRecords) , like the page, and then find this photo and "like" it for him. Help a soldier get some rare blue vinyl! Thanks."

I did the same. hope it helps you guys out!
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

MuleSkinner wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Here's what I did to help you out, Robert. I posted the following on my facebook page, along with your picture:

I did the same. hope it helps you guys out!
Damn, thanks guys......Hamptonio your a pretty handsome son of a bitch yourself. Thanks everyone for the votes.
Hi