Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (TMR vinyl release)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (TMR vinyl release)

Post by Kali Durga »

dunedin wrote:^ At the Lincoln someone yelled a request for "Portland, Oregon" and Loretta introduced Jack to sing it, then admitted he wasn't actually there. She tried it with one of the band, but couldn't remember all of the words.
Cheeky of her.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dunedin wrote:^ At the Lincoln someone yelled a request for "Portland, Oregon" and Loretta introduced Jack to sing it, then admitted he wasn't actually there. She tried it with one of the band, but couldn't remember all of the words.
Haha, I was just watching the youtube video for this and saw that part I laughed and then quickly got excited that Jack could show up to her Ryman show. But I won't get my hopes up..
dunedin wrote:The 50 minute show (and it was actually 55, the video is on Youtube) was at the Lincoln in DC in 2015. The theater AC was bothering Loretta and she cut some songs from the setlist. The show I saw at the 930 club in '08, she played for longer, but still too much from the younger Lynns.
Yeah I saw she was wiping her eyes and asked for my kleenex during the show..

Just checking out a few of her setlists online and they all seem to be pretty similar from the few shows she has played in the past few years.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
dunedin wrote:The 50 minute show (and it was actually 55, the video is on Youtube) was at the Lincoln in DC in 2015. The theater AC was bothering Loretta and she cut some songs from the setlist. The show I saw at the 930 club in '08, she played for longer, but still too much from the younger Lynns.
I was at the 2011 9:30 Club show. I don't remember how long it was, but this is the setlist that's been posted-- http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/loretta-l ... 053a0.html I remember it seeming like a lot more than two songs from her son and the band mid-way through, though. I passed on the 2015 show
because of that. She was so cute at that 2011 show, though, she said at one point that she asked Jack White where she should play in DC and he told her she had to play the 9:30 Club, and that next time she came there she was going to try to bring him with her. Probably a bit of pandering to the younger generation in the audience, but still endearing.

So we'll have to remember to wish a happy birthday to both you and Loretta on the 14, huh, Ryan? That's very cool.
Haha, yes. Up until now I thought I only shared a birthday with Sarah Michelle Gellar, the day Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and the day the Titanic hit the iceberg. Now I can tell people I share a birthday with Loretta Lynn. :lol:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Well, my decision has been made. I just found out her birthday is April 14th....the same day as mine. So I am going to see her play on my 30th birthday and her 85th birthday.
Awesome. I'm considering grabbing a ticket from StubHub for that night. But I'm not sure, I've spent a LOT on tickets lately. If I pull the trigger I'll let ya' know and buy you a $10 beer.
Sounds good dude! I will be having a few that night! Be sure to let me know if you make it. If not, I will see you in Nashville at TMR for RSD the following weekend?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Well, my decision has been made. I just found out her birthday is April 14th....the same day as mine. So I am going to see her play on my 30th birthday and her 85th birthday.
Awesome. I'm considering grabbing a ticket from StubHub for that night. But I'm not sure, I've spent a LOT on tickets lately. If I pull the trigger I'll let ya' know and buy you a $10 beer.
Sounds good dude! I will be having a few that night! Be sure to let me know if you make it. If not, I will see you in Nashville at TMR for RSD the following weekend?
Oh, I'd say so, yeah.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dunedin wrote:

Your video? How was the second show? Her birthday (and mine :) ) show on the 14th was awesome. No jack white either night? Margo price? Lame. We had Martina McBride :lol:
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

No not mine, I just cribbed it from Youtube. Wish I had been there. Here's Margo singing for Loretta. It was Margo's birthday as well (belated Happy Birthday to all of you :D )

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I really, really wish I could've been at that ^^ show.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I really, really wish I could've been at that ^^ show.
Her birthday show on the 14th was so damn fun. She was so sassy and funny all night. Such a special night. One of my favourite shows in awhile.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dunedin wrote:No not mine, I just cribbed it from Youtube. Wish I had been there. Here's Margo singing for Loretta. It was Margo's birthday as well (belated Happy Birthday to all of you :D )

Haha thanks! I didn't realize Margo's bday was the 15th. The day after mine and Loretta's. Cool way to spend her birthday as well. Was Margo the only guest that night?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Jack is scheduled to appear at Loretta Lynn's birthday tribute, 1 April 19 at Nashville Bridgestone arena. Margo Price and some other people also on the bill :lol:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/queen ... tone-arena