The Third Man Rolling Record Store

Your Turntable's Not Dead
trickster
Greek Mod

The Third Man Rolling Record Store

Post by trickster »

For those of you paying attention you may have realized that this week marks the two year anniversary of the Third Man Records launch party here in Nashville. It’s been an enormously productive time for us, and we’ve accomplished a lot in a relatively short time and we’re very proud of it all. Indulge me while I run down a quick list of where we’re at in March 2011. Let’s see...85 or so releases, an incredible live venue where bands can record direct to analog tape, a string of insane pop-up shops, a subscription service that is bringing you all the rarities out of third man’s Vault, so many limited editions and new vinyl innovations we can’t even keep track of them, a monkey band AND a TRIPLE DECKER?! We’ve all had so much fun these past couple years and it’s the fans that make it possible for us to do the things we do...SO, we’ve decided to do something else spectacular just for you.

Over the past couple years we’ve been listening, and we know that a lot of you just can’t make it down to Nashville to see our little store or buy our limited edition merchandise. We get that, and we’d love to see you all face to face too. So...how about we bring the store to you?We are overwhelmingly excited to present to you.....
THE THIRD MAN ROLLING RECORD STORE™

A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this machine. This is a one-of-a-kind, true innovation in the world of record distribution and retail and we can’t wait to get it out on the road. Check out just some of the trucks features:

A full menu of Third Man merchandise including 45s, LPs, just like our record shop in nashville, and all new (and exclusive to the truck) Rolling Record Store™ collectables and souvenirs including t-shirts, tote bags, drinking accessories and all kinds of flare two turntables and a microphone, the store will be playing from vinyl records from our catalog as you shop, with guest d.js doing special sets a high quality PA and amplification system with 8 channel mixer and electric outlets so singers and even full bands can plug straight into the truck from the outside and play wherever and whenever we park the truck. Fully-customized styling designed by Jack White in conjunction with an auto custom shop to reflect the look, feel, and panache of Third Man Records’ Nashville location and our famous pop up stores.

So where and when can you see this beauty? Well, we intend to keep it out on the road regularly; hitting shows and festivals and any other strange location in this great nation we can think of. But you’ll be able to see it FIRST at this year’s SXSW music festival March 16 –20. We’re going to do it in style with musical performances, guest DJs, exclusive records and merchandise (including 4 different tri-colors), giveaways and plenty of surprises.

We’ll be announcing all of the SXSW details over the next couple of days (We are Hex and Pokey LaFarge Tri Colors anyone?) so keep your eyes out for that, but all you need to know for now is that SXSW March 16-20 is the place to be to get your first look at the Third Man Rolling Record Store™. You’re Welcome! (too soon?)
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: The Third Man Rolling Record Store

Post by runofthemill »

That is so much sweeter than the bookmobile.
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

Wow! Come find me in Ohio! :lol:
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Tangible....Digital....Collectible....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

rsimms3 wrote:Tangible....Digital....Collectible....
I think that just means because they put their stuff on Itunes as well.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Tangible....Digital....Collectible....
I think that just means because they put their stuff on Itunes as well.
Do all TMR 7" records get released on iTunes? I don't use iTunes so I don't keep up with that aspect of it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

this has me more excited than the triple decker record
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Tweet from TMR Vault:
"If you're wondering if the Rolling Record Store will eventually make it to your town, venue, festival, house, hiding spot...the answer is YES"

I'd like to see that overseas....hahahaha.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

the question i have is will there be limited vinyl on it or just the normal releases?
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

SXSW gets better and better everyday!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

I cant wait to see this rolling down Interstate 57
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

For those of you paying attention you may have realized that this week marks the two year anniversary of the Third Man Records launch party here in Nashville. It’s been an enormously productive time for us, and we’ve accomplished a lot in a relatively short time and we’re very proud of it all. Indulge me while I run down a quick list of where we’re at in March 2011. Let’s see...85 or so releases, an incredible live venue where bands can record direct to analog tape, a string of insane pop-up shops, a subscription service that is bringing you all the rarities out of third man’s Vault, so many limited editions and new vinyl innovations we can’t even keep track of them, a monkey band AND a TRIPLE DECKER?! We’ve all had so much fun these past couple years and it’s the fans that make it possible for us to do the things we do...SO, we’ve decided to do something else spectacular just for you.

Over the past couple years we’ve been listening, and we know that a lot of you just can’t make it down to Nashville to see our little store or buy our limited edition merchandise. We get that, and we’d love to see you all face to face too. So...how about we bring the store to you?We are overwhelmingly excited to present to you.....
THE THIRD MAN ROLLING RECORD STORE™

A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this machine. This is a one-of-a-kind, true innovation in the world of record distribution and retail and we can’t wait to get it out on the road. Check out just some of the trucks features:

A full menu of Third Man merchandise including 45s, LPs, just like our record shop in nashville, and all new (and exclusive to the truck) Rolling Record Store™ collectables and souvenirs including t-shirts, tote bags, drinking accessories and all kinds of flare two turntables and a microphone, the store will be playing from vinyl records from our catalog as you shop, with guest d.js doing special sets a high quality PA and amplification system with 8 channel mixer and electric outlets so singers and even full bands can plug straight into the truck from the outside and play wherever and whenever we park the truck. Fully-customized styling designed by Jack White in conjunction with an auto custom shop to reflect the look, feel, and panache of Third Man Records’ Nashville location and our famous pop up stores.

So where and when can you see this beauty? Well, we intend to keep it out on the road regularly; hitting shows and festivals and any other strange location in this great nation we can think of. But you’ll be able to see it FIRST at this year’s SXSW music festival March 16 –20. We’re going to do it in style with musical performances, guest DJs, exclusive records and merchandise (including 4 different tri-colors), giveaways and plenty of surprises.

We’ll be announcing all of the SXSW details over the next couple of days (We are Hex and Pokey LaFarge Tri Colors anyone?) so keep your eyes out for that, but all you need to know for now is that SXSW March 16-20 is the place to be to get your first look at the Third Man Rolling Record Store™. You’re Welcome! (too soon?)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
CanIGetBehindYouMeg
Little Bird

Post by CanIGetBehindYouMeg »

This is sweet. I hope it reaches somewhere in NY. I wonder if their will be anyway to track it's progress/location.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

4 different tri-colors at SXSW. Dammit. I hate not going.
focusmatic
Little Cream Soda

Post by focusmatic »

that rolling store is awesome!!!!
i'd love to spin ol' 45 in it...omg.