Vault Party Update

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault Party Update

Post by Alabama Woody »

80sskatebetty wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:We need Brendan Benson. I'm visioning Dex and Sara, Dan Sartain, and Brendan Benson. Vault Party #2
Saw Brendan do a solo in-store, followed up by a gig w/the touring band, a couple months ago. Good stuff. Would need a bigger venue, but I'm sure we could make it happen. ;)

I saw him at the Independent in SF, CA A few months ago too, it was incredible. I called out an encore of "Feel like taking you home" and they played it.

Have you heard Deans solo album too (Hello=Fire)? I ordered it from Schnitzel Records in London the first week it came out, though it hasn't been released in the US. He's too busy right now. Brendan worked with him on it and I think it is excellent!

Cheers!
Thanks , just ordered one. Looking forward to giving it a listen.
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
80sskatebetty
Little Cream Soda

Post by 80sskatebetty »

Yeah, I'm really sad I had to miss that show! Found out too late.

I can see the connection with that song (Nature of our minds) and Elliott Smith (loved him-RIP),although I never thought about that, but the rest of the album is very unique and original and doesn't sound quite as, well, depressing.
You will hopefully enjoy it as much as I do!
Turncoat
Little Bird

Post by Turncoat »

anonymousbrunette wrote:That photo in particular would be El Duderino, Jack & Jay-z.

If you are in any of the photos, please speak up. I really needed one more night to correctly put names to faces but here's what I'm sure of. I'll do screen names only to protect people's privacy.

Photo 1 - Sarah Romweber
Photo 2 - MagicSkipper & WillPhail(?) of the 1-10s
Photo 3 - AlabamaWoody
Photo 4 - JeeJet, PeterG, Dylanfan (center - white shirt & hat), BrendaClay (grey shorts), Grim (the tallest one there)
Photo 5 - Beakersoul, ElDuderino, Pug
Photo 6 - Dex
Photos 7 & 8 - Lots of happy people, most of whom have not complained since
Photo 9 - The Turncoats (?) Great band.
Photo 10 - MagicSkipper & Dylanfan
Photo 11 - Parasite Diet (Starring Pug)
Photo 12 - 80sskatebetty
Photo 13 - JeeJet & 80sskatebetty managing the raffle
Photo 14 - Dan Sartain and happy listeners

I'm in photo 9, I'm the singer/guitar player. My vault name is cleverly named Turncoat, and the bass players vault name is red raccoon
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Turncoat wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:That photo in particular would be El Duderino, Jack & Jay-z.

If you are in any of the photos, please speak up. I really needed one more night to correctly put names to faces but here's what I'm sure of. I'll do screen names only to protect people's privacy.

Photo 1 - Sarah Romweber
Photo 3 - AlabamaWoody
Photo 4 - JeeJet, PeterG, Dylanfan (center - white shirt & hat), BrendaClay (grey shorts), Grim (the tallest one there)
Photo 6 - Dex
Photo 12 - 80sskatebetty

I'm in photo 9, I'm the singer/guitar player. My vault name is cleverly named Turncoat, and the bass players vault name is red raccoon
Nice to have met you.
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
Turncoat
Little Bird

Post by Turncoat »

Grimtale wrote:
Turncoat wrote:

Photo 1 - Sarah Romweber
Photo 3 - AlabamaWoody
Photo 6 - Dex
Photo 12 - 80sskatebetty

Nice to have met you.
-Grim
Yeah, you too buddy
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Turncoat wrote: I'm in photo 9, I'm the singer/guitar player. My vault name is cleverly named Turncoat, and the bass players vault name is red raccoon
Thanks, Josh! Photos updated on the original post. If you recognize someone else, please let me know.

P.S. Turncoats had a fantastic set and hung around for the whole weekend. I look forward to seeing them again next year.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

i'm confused about the food thing at the party. i didn't go but i did look into the costs a little when i heard about it and i've heard some stories on the side...so, jacks bbq only gave a quote for two days and so you had to cancel that deal. that makes perfect sense and it sucks but shit happens. presumably you would have the funds that were to pay for that to buy the new food. So a $2000 bill plus gratuity so you probably had budgeted $2200-$2400. but from what i hear, one day there were some costco veggie trays (even a lot of them would be no more than $250) and the other two nights there were like 50 pizzas each night. So 100 pizzas at a high price of even $10 per pizza (if you had to pay $10 per when buying that many you got ripped off though) so that's only about $1250. what happened to the other $1000 that was budgeted for food?
anonymousbrunette
Little People

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Image
Ara, You're my new favorite just for that.
zman
Little Bird

Post by zman »

I laughed out loud at that picture.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

roxxan23 wrote:i'm confused about the food thing at the party. i didn't go but i did look into the costs a little when i heard about it and i've heard some stories on the side...so, jacks bbq only gave a quote for two days and so you had to cancel that deal. that makes perfect sense and it sucks but shit happens. presumably you would have the funds that were to pay for that to buy the new food. So a $2000 bill plus gratuity so you probably had budgeted $2200-$2400. but from what i hear, one day there were some costco veggie trays (even a lot of them would be no more than $250) and the other two nights there were like 50 pizzas each night. So 100 pizzas at a high price of even $10 per pizza (if you had to pay $10 per when buying that many you got ripped off though) so that's only about $1250. what happened to the other $1000 that was budgeted for food?
Well you missed it then, should have gone. We spent the other one thousand dollars on whiskey and whores.............................................One hell of a party.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Alabama Woody wrote: Well you missed it then, should have gone. We spent the other one thousand dollars on whiskey and whores.............................................One hell of a party.
Speaking of, I'm still awaiting payment.

My ISO/FS/FT List
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Speaking of, I'm still awaiting payment.
Damn, I really missed out by not sticking around late! Guess there's always next year! :lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote: Well you missed it then, should have gone. We spent the other one thousand dollars on whiskey and whores.............................................One hell of a party.
I didn't know you made whiskey - slip me some sometime...
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

love_islander wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:
I didn't know you made whiskey - slip me some sometime...
I'm hoping Ara doesn't make whiskey.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim