Third Man Records London, UK

Your Turntable's Not Dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Third Man Records London, UK

Post by arewhyehen »

JACK WHITE AND THIRD MAN RECORDS ANNOUNCE THE OPENING OF LONDON STORE, VENUE AND EUROPEAN HQ

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/jack-w ... uropean-hq
OPENING ON SATURDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

IN THE HEART OF SOHO, LONDON

1 MARSHALL STREET, LONDON W1F 9BA

EXCLUSIVE THIRD MAN RELEASES FROM SOME OF THEIR FAVOURITE UK ARTISTS ANNOUNCED IN CELEBRATION OF THE STORE OPENING

Jack White and Third Man Records today announce the opening of their first ever Third Man Records Store outside the USA. Situated on Marshall Street in the heart of London's historic Soho - an area renowned for its rich musical history - the London store will complete a trio of Third Man physical spaces that includes buildings in Nashville, Tennessee and Detroit, Michigan.

Located at 1 Marshall Street, London W1F 9BA, the store will officially open on Saturday 25th September. It has been personally designed by Third Man founder Jack White, who recently launched Jack White Arts & Design via a comprehensive multimedia website cataloguing two decades of his award-winning creative work, alongside the Third Man creative hive of artists. The store was conceptualised and created throughout 2020 and 2021 during the Covid pandemic, with the aim of creating a physical space to help keep record sales and live performances alive after such a tough period for everyone.

Third Man Records London will be multi-functional, tripling up as a two-level retail space, an intimate live music venue named “The Blue Basement,” and a European headquarters for Third Man Records. It will feature a host of the kind of quirks, details and idiosyncrasies Third Man have become renowned around the world for.

These include a Third Man Books token-operated lucky dip book machine designed by the Toronto-based artist Craig Small. Titled the "Literarium," it is only the second of its kind in the world and much loved by the likes of Margaret Attwood. The store will also feature a Third Man Records token-operated recording booth where artists and the public can record their own material straight to vinyl.

The official announcement follows much speculation and guesswork from eagle-eyed Third Man fans, who noticed the painting of eight fake, rotating store fronts at the 1 Marshall Street address. These fronts included Swank's Muscle Tee Emporium, Jack Sharp's Upholstery Tacks and Harry Lime's Penicillin, all of which claimed to be under the umbrella of the fantastical Absurd Scam Family of Businesses. Last week, all UK subscribers to Third Man Records' The Vault subscription service received a physical invitation for 25th September to the grand opening of one of these scam companies.

Furthermore, in celebration of the opening, Third Man Records approached some of their favourite ever UK artists (as well as some Motown contributions from Detroit!) - Paul Weller, David Ruffin, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Cornershop, Gina Birch of The Raincoats and the great, lost Manchester group The Magic Roundabout - to record something brand new or contribute something previously unheard to the Third Man catalogue. These exclusive releases will be available to buy on black vinyl on 25th September from the Third Man Webstore (soon to be expanding to the UK/EU), at all three Third Man Records stores, and independent record shops everywhere, and on very limited edition yellow vinyl in the Third Man London store only.

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Third Man Records London, UK

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Eh.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:30 amEh.
That's the other London..
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

This is very pretty. As are those releases. Unfortunately I have too much TMR stuff to unload to even think of taking on more. But if I'm ever in London its probably a given I'll drop in. Silly happy for those on the other side of the pond though.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:14 pm This is very pretty. As are those releases. Unfortunately I have too much TMR stuff to unload to even think of taking on more. But if I'm ever in London its probably a given I'll drop in. Silly happy for those on the other side of the pond though.
This is how I feel as well.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Oh yeah. London or whatever.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

A third receptacle for Sleep and Boris shit. Yippie.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”