Huge Third Man Auction!

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Huge Third Man Auction!

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Whoa! For anyone who has ever wanted a piece of Third Man history, I think you'll find something in this auction. I know there are a few items I wouldn't mind having. Crazy.
Third Man Records is proud to disperse pieces of its history into the world via an online garage sale/auction featuring guitars, amplifiers, personal items, notes, stage equipment, and other one-of-a-kind items from the label's archives and owner Jack White's musical career and collection.

All items come directly from Third Man Records and have a Certificate of Authenticity .

A portion of proceeds will go to benefit John Peel Centre for Creative Arts, Gideon's Army, and the Detroit Phoenix Center.
https://onlinenashvilleauctions.hibid.c ... e-auction/?
love_islander
Little People

Re: Huge Third Man Auction!

Post by love_islander »

Nice! Thanks for the share
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Wow...All that money I should have been saving during COVID might be gone soon. Big thanks for posting!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

As much as I want to buy things at this auction I'm keeping my hopes low that I'll be able to afford anything cool.. we'll see!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 pm As much as I want to buy things at this auction I'm keeping my hopes low that I'll be able to afford anything cool.. we'll see!
I hear you... Fingers crossed though.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

So, if money wasn't an issue, what would be the item you'd want most? I've gotta go with the "Hardest Button to Button" drum kit. Though, of course, the Triple Jet is a goddamn Siren.

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

This: Lot 64 | The White Stripes SMF 15-Watt Amplifier
I know I'm not rich enough...but it would be by far my choice.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:13 pm This: Lot 64 | The White Stripes SMF 15-Watt Amplifier
I know I'm not rich enough...but it would be by far my choice.
So damn cool.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Interesting background on this one that TMR can't seem to remember. Kamen (TMR Collectors FB group) shipped this lovely thing to Jack with love from Russia 10 years ago. He's okay with it going up for auction but the description left something to be desired...
TMR Guitar.jpg
TMR Guitar Description.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Oof
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:29 pm So, if money wasn't an issue, what would be the item you'd want most? I've gotta go with the "Hardest Button to Button" drum kit. Though, of course, the Triple Jet is a goddamn Siren.

Yeah, I am interested to see what some of these items will go for. I have a few smaller items in mind that I hope to have a fighting chance at.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:17 pm Interesting background on this one that TMR can't seem to remember. Kamen (TMR Collectors FB group) shipped this lovely thing to Jack with love from Russia 10 years ago. He's okay with it going up for auction but the description left something to be desired...

TMR Guitar.jpgTMR Guitar Description.jpg
I was reading the thread on the facebook group this morning. I would be pretty bummed about this if I were him. It's surprising that they would have kept a gift this long though. I'm sure most things are tossed out of given away. I am friends with The Glorious Sons in Canada and they are now (Pre-COVID) doing arena tours across the country and it's crazy the amount of gifts and weird shit they get every night. They had to request people to stop because they just didn't have the room on the bus and trailer for everything.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

I guess they aren’t displaying final prices? Curious to know what the triple jet, drum set, and ws amps went for
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

bkramer10 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:15 pm I guess they aren’t displaying final prices? Curious to know what the triple jet, drum set, and ws amps went for
Off the top of my head, the triple jet was $27.5k. That was when I realized everything would be out of my range
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Was anyone here able to afford anything? Even the things I figured I might have a shot at, went for way more than expected. Even the Neil Young auction a few years ago wasn't this crazy..