Dan Sartain

Your Turntable's Not Dead
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Re: Dan Sartain

Post by HappyDad »

The new Dan single 7" Now Now Now (taken from his upcoming album) is now up for pre-order: http://dansartain.blogspot.com/2012/01/ ... p-for.html
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Cass records is reissuing the first Dan Sartain LP Crimson Guard. Only 200 pressed:

http://dansartain.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... issue.html
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

HappyDad wrote:Cass records is reissuing the first Dan Sartain LP Crimson Guard. Only 200 pressed:

http://dansartain.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... issue.html
Ordered really happy Cass reissued this
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Cass reissue is now sold out from Cass website. If you didn't pik one, you'll have to wait to see Dan on tour to do it.

The vinyl edition of To Tough to Live is now available from OLI webstore: http://indian.co.uk/shop/too-tough-to-live.html
--> JUST HERE
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

HappyDad wrote:Cass reissue is now sold out from Cass website. If you didn't pik one, you'll have to wait to see Dan on tour to do it.

The vinyl edition of To Tough to Live is now available from OLI webstore: http://indian.co.uk/shop/too-tough-to-live.html

thanks for the heads up. i was hoping this would get a vinyl release
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

anybody goin to the show tonight.
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

ok this show fucking rocked. both of the opening bands were good but i really dug habibi. i finally got to meet dan and hes just a cool dude. he signed all of my lp's and gave me a 7" that i didnt have. he had some more of the bootleg tapes so since i had everything else i went ahead and bought 2 of them. one has a 3d cover and the other is just real vulgar. i got to meet some cool people and out of dumb luck i hopefully will be owning something really cool here in the next couple of weeks (clem your gonna hate me) if the sell goes through i will post some pics. there was only 2 posters there i managed to score one. my brother can tell you about the other one. for dans set he played the new record front to back and they played it hard ,heavy and fast. all in all this show was killer and well worth the trip and the venue is great. alabama shakes will be there on the 31st im hoping i can make it back
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

patchwork wrote:ok this show fucking rocked. both of the opening bands were good but i really dug habibi. i finally got to meet dan and hes just a cool dude. he signed all of my lp's and gave me a 7" that i didnt have. he had some more of the bootleg tapes so since i had everything else i went ahead and bought 2 of them. one has a 3d cover and the other is just real vulgar. i got to meet some cool people and out of dumb luck i hopefully will be owning something really cool here in the next couple of weeks (clem your gonna hate me) if the sell goes through i will post some pics. there was only 2 posters there i managed to score one. my brother can tell you about the other one. for dans set he played the new record front to back and they played it hard ,heavy and fast. all in all this show was killer and well worth the trip and the venue is great. alabama shakes will be there on the 31st im hoping i can make it back
Yeah Dan is a real cool dude,always happy to sign and hang out. Im surprised Alabama Shakes hasnt sold out already
Never trust a hippy
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

patchwork wrote:ok this show fucking rocked. both of the opening bands were good but i really dug habibi. i finally got to meet dan and hes just a cool dude. he signed all of my lp's and gave me a 7" that i didnt have. he had some more of the bootleg tapes so since i had everything else i went ahead and bought 2 of them. one has a 3d cover and the other is just real vulgar. i got to meet some cool people and out of dumb luck i hopefully will be owning something really cool here in the next couple of weeks (clem your gonna hate me) if the sell goes through i will post some pics. there was only 2 posters there i managed to score one. my brother can tell you about the other one. for dans set he played the new record front to back and they played it hard ,heavy and fast. all in all this show was killer and well worth the trip and the venue is great. alabama shakes will be there on the 31st im hoping i can make it back
- What's the 7" you didn't have
- I miss the bootleg tapes
- There is only one item I would really be jealous you to get. Ok, maybe 3, but one in particular.
- Yeah you're lucky

Sometimes I feel like I'm on the wrong side of TWO ponds in the Dan Sartain (and vinyl in general) collectiong... well

Yeah I'm jealous, so what? :mrgreen:
--> JUST HERE
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

mackeya wrote: and the 00's " Post Grunge", or whatever you want to call it.
you mean 'garbage'?

So, I haven't found anywhere to give this album (Too Tough To Live) a listen, Any good? I mean I know Dan is great and I enjoy his stuff (what I've heard anyway), so hows this album?
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

April/May European tour!! Tour dates announced in Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Belgium and England!! http://dansartain.blogspot.fr/2012/04/d ... opean.html

The poster made by Kelly Keith will be on sale at the merch stand!

--> JUST HERE
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Date added in Leeds, Prague and Brno.

http://dansartain.blogspot.fr
--> JUST HERE
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

HappyDad wrote:April/May European tour!! Tour dates announced in Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Belgium and England!! http://dansartain.blogspot.fr/2012/04/d ... opean.html

The poster made by Kelly Keith will be on sale at the merch stand!

Wish I could get my hands on one of those!!! Another poster I get to miss out on...damn :x
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

By the way Dan kicked ass over here in the states at the Bottle Tree. Awesome show... hung out with us in the crowd while the act before him played.
Had my hands on one of the 2 posters there, but ended up giving it to the mom of the drummer for Dan. She really wanted it!!! Dan is one cool and polite dude...signed my record for me right after his performance. Dude was pooring down with sweat but was more than happy to sign my record and never got a drop on it. He also stated that I had the first "Too Tough To Live" to be signed by him...Too Fucking Cool!!!

If you can catch this guy's show...you won't regret it 8-)
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

New dates added in Castellon (Spain) and Manchester.

http://dansartain.blogspot.fr/
--> JUST HERE