Third Man Records 10 Year Anniversary

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Third Man Records 10 Year Anniversary

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jack Horner wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm
shaneoftheroad wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm Well, as much as it kills me to miss the Dirtbombs, I think my plan is to get to the Blue Room and stay there until after the last set. I can't miss Soledad, Cobras and Gories. Can't do it.
Are you concerned that they might empty the room after each set to let a new group of people in?
I think they'll do one-in, one-out all day.
Jack Horner
Little Bird

Post by Jack Horner »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 am
Jack Horner wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm
shaneoftheroad wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm Well, as much as it kills me to miss the Dirtbombs, I think my plan is to get to the Blue Room and stay there until after the last set. I can't miss Soledad, Cobras and Gories. Can't do it.
Are you concerned that they might empty the room after each set to let a new group of people in?
I think they'll do one-in, one-out all day.
My fingers are crossed for you!

My flight gets in at 1am the morning of the show, so I’m crossing my other fingers I wake up in time to get there!
Meg is my favourite.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. It may have paid off. But there's a glitch in the matrix.

Does anyone know if buying GA tickets made me ineligible for a +1 ultras? I've been offered a +1 spot in exchange for my GA's so my friend can invite a couple more friends. However I'm already in the system for two GA's. I don't want to risk my friend's tickets and I don't want to prevent their friends from being able to get in. (It's a cashless transaction among friends.)

I'm thinking someone must have already come accross this predicament and approached TMR about it. Any thoughts?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:44 pm Thanks for the well wishes fellas. It may have paid off. But there's a glitch in the matrix.

Does anyone know if buying GA tickets made me ineligible for a +1 ultras? I've been offered a +1 spot in exchange for my GA's so my friend can invite a couple more friends. However I'm already in the system for two GA's. I don't want to risk my friend's tickets and I don't want to prevent their friends from being able to get in. (It's a cashless transaction among friends.)

I'm thinking someone must have already come accross this predicament and approached TMR about it. Any thoughts?
My opinion: You should be okay. I think the point was preventing people from purchasing more than 2 tickets on the same account. When all the +1's are coming in, they don't have any account or mailing/personal information to tie the names to, so how can they be sure that there just isn't more than one Ara Casey attending?
Bowiegrrl
Little Bird

Post by Bowiegrrl »

I feel a little crushed that Soledad and the Dirtbombs are scheduled so close together. I also feel like without an ultra ticket getting in and out of the blue room might seem impossible.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:44 pm Thanks for the well wishes fellas. It may have paid off. But there's a glitch in the matrix.

I say ping TMR just to be on the safe side. Can't imagine you're the only one.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

dylnfan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 am

All sorted.I heard back from TMR. I'll just eat the GA ticket in my name. I'll consider it a premium for getting to see the blue room bands. Looking forward to seeing friendly faces!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Getting more and more excited as the date is coming close!

I'll have an extra day stay in Nashville, so could any of you guys make some recommendations where to go and what to do? Just about anything, food, record store, historical sites etc.

I think I'll do Grimey's, Hatch Show Print tour, Ryman(Gary Clark Jr. show), Tennesse Brew Works for a local beer, Pharmacy Burger also looks nice...

Anyone remember Jack or Ben or other TMR staff recommended some places to eat?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Fanldor III wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:05 pm Getting more and more excited as the date is coming close!

I'll have an extra day stay in Nashville, so could any of you guys make some recommendations where to go and what to do? Just about anything, food, record store, historical sites etc.

I think I'll do Grimey's, Hatch Show Print tour, Ryman(Gary Clark Jr. show), Tennesse Brew Works for a local beer, Pharmacy Burger also looks nice...

Edley's BBQ is amazing. I have only been to the East Nashville location but I assume the other 2 are similar.

Fido is great. I go every morning for breakfast. The streak scramble is awesome.

Hatch Show Print tour is great, as you mentioned already.

Yazoo Brewery tour was pretty good.

Third Man's tour is great. They have it friday's at 2pm, but you have to be there at 10am when they open to get tickets. They sell out quick.

Bluebird Cafe is really really cool. You can buy tickets a week before the day you want to go, for most dates.

Ryman has a really cool back stage tour.
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

arewhyehen wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:05 am
Fanldor III wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:05 pm Getting more and more excited as the date is coming close!

Edley's BBQ is amazing. I have only been to the East Nashville location but I assume the other 2 are similar.

Fido is great. I go every morning for breakfast. The streak scramble is awesome.

Third Man's tour is great. They have it friday's at 2pm, but you have to be there at 10am when they open to get tickets. They sell out quick.

Bluebird Cafe is really really cool. You can buy tickets a week before the day you want to go, for most dates.

Thanks that’s very informative and helpful! I think I’ll add Edley’s, Yazoo tour and maybe Bluebird café to my day. To many things for just one day stop.

I was thinking about TMR tour too. But having a major event especially have to set up an outdoor stage, not sure if they will open that day. But if so, will definitely try get a tour ticket!
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:00 pm
dylnfan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 am

All sorted.I heard back from TMR. I'll just eat the GA ticket in my name. I'll consider it a premium for getting to see the blue room bands. Looking forward to seeing friendly faces!
:thumbup:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Bowiegrrl
Little Bird

Post by Bowiegrrl »

Fanldor III wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 am

Thanks that’s very informative and helpful! I think I’ll add Edley’s, Yazoo tour and maybe Bluebird café to my day. To many things for just one day stop.

I was thinking about TMR tour too. But having a major event especially have to set up an outdoor stage, not sure if they will open that day. But if so, will definitely try get a tour ticket!
The Ryman and Hatch Print are cool to try to do the same day but I def want to see a show at the Ryman and Gary is playing 3 nights there I think. Pharmacy Burger was one of the best burgers joints I’ve ever been to. I also definitely had to stop by the Johnny Cash museum.

The Third Man tour is great but I’m not sure with the festivities going on the next day how that would work. But I feel ya I’m trying to see what else I can squeeze in to do while I’m there.
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Bowiegrrl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 am
Fanldor III wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 am
The Ryman and Hatch Print are cool to try to do the same day but I def want to see a show at the Ryman and Gary is playing 3 nights there I think. Pharmacy Burger was one of the best burgers joints I’ve ever been to. I also definitely had to stop by the Johnny Cash museum.

The Third Man tour is great but I’m not sure with the festivities going on the next day how that would work. But I feel ya I’m trying to see what else I can squeeze in to do while I’m there.
Cash museum is on my list! Patsy Cline museum is also just around the corner.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Where y'all gonna park?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

runofthemill wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:33 pm Where y'all gonna park?
I'll probably park at one of the many parking lots around Broadway and either walk to Third Man or take a cab/Uber/something.