Third Man Records 10 Year Anniversary

Your Turntable's Not Dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Third Man Records 10 Year Anniversary

Post by shaneoftheroad »

mangry wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:02 am I missed out on ultra tix but I’m hoping it will be a sunny day and most people will gravitate toward the larger stage. At least for Detroit Cobras. My wife and I will be gutted if we miss them.

So, can we try to conjure up 2009-2012 peak tmr fun time vibes at this show? This was the kind of party that attracted a lot of us in the first place. I bought tix in hopes that it will feel like home again!
It's already feeling right. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 pm Back on for the GA sale. Needless to say, if anyone has a Ultra +1....
Good luck Ara! We'd love to see you again! :-)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

mangry wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:02 am I missed out on ultra tix but I’m hoping it will be a sunny day and most people will gravitate toward the larger stage. At least for Detroit Cobras. My wife and I will be gutted if we miss them.

So, can we try to conjure up 2009-2012 peak tmr fun time vibes at this show? This was the kind of party that attracted a lot of us in the first place. I bought tix in hopes that it will feel like home again!
Hells yes. OG Swirler/TMR reunion. :clap:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

dylnfan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:11 am
anonymousbrunette wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 pm Back on for the GA sale. Needless to say, if anyone has a Ultra +1....
Good luck Ara! We'd love to see you again! :-)
I'm in, Bobby! Clearly GA not hard to come by. When it comes time to name the ultras +1 I'm hoping a couple spots open up. Regardless, I'll be there.

I'm unusually excited about this. Def has me exercising some positive nostagia surrounding TMR.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Ara!! Haven't seen you in forever either! Y'all, we have to have some kind of meetup. Even if it's just drinks in an alley. Gotta do it.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:11 pm Ara!! Haven't seen you in forever either! Y'all, we have to have some kind of meetup. Even if it's just drinks in an alley. Gotta do it.
You know me...I’ll be drinking. :D
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I’m not going to get my hopes up on finding a +1 ultra ticket because I’m not one of the cool kids on the Facebook group, but if anyone has a lead on the Racs 7”/merch, let me know. I’m sure there will be some spares around if couples are going together and don’t need doubles.

Looking forward to seeing all the old time swirlers again.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:11 pm Ara!! Haven't seen you in forever either! Y'all, we have to have some kind of meetup. Even if it's just drinks in an alley. Gotta do it.
:thumbup:

- Cmelo
Bowiegrrl
Little Bird

Post by Bowiegrrl »

arewhyehen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:07 am I’m not going to get my hopes up on finding a +1 ultra ticket because I’m not one of the cool kids on the Facebook group, but if anyone has a lead on the Racs 7”/merch, let me know. I’m sure there will be some spares around if couples are going together and don’t need doubles.

Looking forward to seeing all the old time swirlers again.
I’m with you...I was hoping to score the vault ticket for the merch too. I’m sure if you put the vibes out there you’ll find one and if not there’s always EBay (hopefully for a reasonable price). ;)
LaFemme
Little Bird

Post by LaFemme »

Is anyone driving to Nashville from the DC area? Trying to help my brother sort out a ride somehow.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Asked a few questions in emails so thought I would share here in case anyone had similar questions:
- Cell Phones will be allowed (no yonder pouches)
- A variety of food options will be available (my wife is a vegetarian)
- You can not bring in a poster tube, but they will have some for sale.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Oh, cool. Thanks, man. That is actually quite helpful.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

BLUE ROOM
- TODD ALBRIGHT 1:45
- SOLEDAD BROTHERS 2:30
- QUINTRON & MISS PUSSYCAT 3:15
- DETROIT COBRAS 4
- GORIES 5

OUTDOOR MISSION STAGE
- TEDDY & ROUGH RIDERS 2:00
- DIRTBOMBS 3:00
- CRAIG BROWN 4:45
- LILLIE MAE 5:45
- RACONTEURS 7:00
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Well, as much as it kills me to miss the Dirtbombs, I think my plan is to get to the Blue Room and stay there until after the last set. I can't miss Soledad, Cobras and Gories. Can't do it.
Jack Horner
Little Bird

Post by Jack Horner »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm Well, as much as it kills me to miss the Dirtbombs, I think my plan is to get to the Blue Room and stay there until after the last set. I can't miss Soledad, Cobras and Gories. Can't do it.
Are you concerned that they might empty the room after each set to let a new group of people in?
Meg is my favourite.