Who would you like to see on TMR?

Your Turntable's Not Dead
AJ123
Little Ghost

Re: Who would you like to see on TMR?

Post by AJ123 »

Jake Bugg needs to do a blue series and a live show there. I'm just getting into this guy and can't stop listening to his album. He's just the kinda act TMR would dig
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

After the joke tweet from TMR, I actually do want to see Jack White with Daft Punk. 100% serious.

Imagine the Guitar and vocals that Jack could throw down over an amazing Daft Punk track.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

rival wrote:After the joke tweet from TMR, I actually do want to see Jack White with Daft Punk. 100% serious.

Imagine the Guitar and vocals that Jack could throw down over an amazing Daft Punk track.
I just think they should do "Get Lucky" together.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

If this had happened at TMR when all the members were alive...
I'd challenge them to ever have a better blue room show, ever
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

A friend mentioned this and made me realize that I'd love to see Macklemore & Ryan Lewis do a show and/or blue series at TMR. Other than Black Milk, they haven't really delved into the rap/hip-hop world, and I think these guys would be a great fit.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

sjcapps07 wrote:A friend mentioned this and made me realize that I'd love to see Macklemore & Ryan Lewis do a show and/or blue series at TMR. Other than Black Milk, they haven't really delved into the rap/hip-hop world, and I think these guys would be a great fit.
+one big HELL YES!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

mojoryan wrote:
sjcapps07 wrote:A friend mentioned this and made me realize that I'd love to see Macklemore & Ryan Lewis do a show and/or blue series at TMR. Other than Black Milk, they haven't really delved into the rap/hip-hop world, and I think these guys would be a great fit.
+one big HELL YES!
Yeah, yeah...what Mojo said, and while we're at it; Scroobius Pip!
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Roots.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

After divine fits maybe Spencer Krug will get on their radar hopefully with more than 72 hours notice.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

dylnfan wrote:
Roots.
Yes! Love me some Roots!
...words to live by.
ChrisClamp
Little Bird

Post by ChrisClamp »

I'd love to see/hear The Neighbourhood Live at Third Man Records. Also The Decemberists.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

-STEVE MARTIN
-DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979
-ELVIS - SUN REISSUE
-SOLDAD BROTHERS REISSUE
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

So Fred Armisen stopped by Grimey's over the weekend. Not sure why he was in town, but I hope he stopped by TMR for a session. He started as a musician ya know. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

They need to put down the Roots on some wax. And now that they have an album coming out with Elvis Costello there is no reason not to.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Freter wrote:They need to put down the Roots on some wax. And now that they have an album coming out with Elvis Costello there is no reason not to.

+1000
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo