Record Store Day 2017

Your Turntable's Not Dead
Mick III
Little Acorn

Re: Record Store Day 2017

Post by Mick III »

If a french or someone else have a JW 7" in double, I am interested.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I missed out entirely on everything yesterday. But that's why social media exists. I've been enjoying looking at everyone's pictures and reading their stories. Sounds like Nashville was the place to be yesterday, Lillie Mae and Blackwell were signing. Seemed like a cool time, sorry I missed it.
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

Got all three third man releases at one store. Didn't see hide or hair of them elsewhere.

I didn't actually see the price of the book until the register popped up. Might have stopped but there were about a million people waiting to check out and I didn't wanna be that guy so i have the book. It is a lovely piece.

The jack white was also kinda obscenely priced at 17 bucks is that how much it was at third man?
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

$15 for the Bob Seger. Missed out on the Battle Cry single. Got the only copy of the book at the first place i went. Prices are getting too high. I think I'm done getting anywhere early from now on too. I'll just sleep in.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Via TMB;
The Standard Edition will be available at a bookstore near you on June 6 and features the 7-inch single on black vinyl. Both editions include a ten song sampler of Blue Series music curated by the book's editor Ben Blackwell...
https://thirdmanbooks.com/books/the-blu ... the-color/
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

curseofhalos wrote:$15 for the Bob Seger. Missed out on the Battle Cry single. Got the only copy of the book at the first place i went. Prices are getting too high. I think I'm done getting anywhere early from now on too. I'll just sleep in.
$15 for the Seger single was ok....The $20 for JW and Lillie singles was insane. Pearl Jam's 7" RSD single was $8.99...why does Jack's half song 7" need to be $20?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:$15 for the Bob Seger. Missed out on the Battle Cry single. Got the only copy of the book at the first place i went. Prices are getting too high. I think I'm done getting anywhere early from now on too. I'll just sleep in.
$15 for the Seger single was ok....The $20 for JW and Lillie singles was insane. Pearl Jam's 7" RSD single was $8.99...why does Jack's half song 7" need to be $20?
Guess not enough people were buying the baseball bats?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Via TMB;
The Standard Edition will be available at a bookstore near you on June 6 and features the 7-inch single on black vinyl. Both editions include a ten song sampler of Blue Series music curated by the book's editor Ben Blackwell...
https://thirdmanbooks.com/books/the-blu ... the-color/
So good thing that I pre-ordered the normal book on amazon :D
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Guess not enough people were buying the baseball bats?
gotta get some proceeds to charity... ?
he is everything i hate...
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I saw on discogs some people who sell the 7" battle cry for 90$. What was the original price? Are they crazy ?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Mick III wrote:Are they crazy ?
Only any person that buys one at that price . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Mick III wrote:I saw on discogs some people who sell the 7" battle cry for 90$. What was the original price? Are they crazy ?
Original price was $20 and even that was crazy
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Want this one, so looking forward to it either going up online at the original price, or the Discogs prices plummeting like a stone, right into my hand.

(Also after the Kurtz poster, if anyone is selling.)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I'm happy they've switched up their t-shirt brand, for the new RSD released ones anyhow.
I think it's the same one used for the Rob Jones Greif shirts and those fit great.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I'm happy they've switched up their t-shirt brand, for the new RSD released ones anyhow.
I think it's the same one used for the Rob Jones Greif shirts and those fit great.
Wish I'd jumped on the Grief originals when they were flying around. Cool pieces.