Chris Rock - Live in the Blue Room 01/24/17

Your Turntable's Not Dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Chris Rock - Live in the Blue Room 01/24/17

Post by arewhyehen »

TMR just posted on social media that Chris will be doing a show in the blue room in Nashville on the 24th.

I saw this about 35mins after it was posted and they already updated the post to say it was sold out. I'm sure it was gone in a few minutes. Might have seen it earlier if I wasn't at the gym. I'm so done with the gym after this...

Also, I really wish for events like these they would offer a portion of the tickets to vault members only. Might allow a few of us to get tickets to something like this..

Anyone score tickets?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Chris Rock - Live in the Blue Room 01/24/17

Post by shaneoftheroad »

arewhyehen wrote:TMR just posted on social media that Chris will be doing a show in the blue room in Nashville on the 24th.

I saw this about 35mins after it was posted and they already updated the post to say it was sold out. I'm sure it was gone in a few minutes. Might have seen it earlier if I wasn't at the gym. I'm so done with the gym after this...

Also, I really wish for events like these they would offer a portion of the tickets to vault members only. Might allow a few of us to get tickets to something like this..

Anyone score tickets?
I could have scored one but can't make it on such short notice. Shame, will be a cool show.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:TMR just posted on social media that Chris will be doing a show in the blue room in Nashville on the 24th.

Anyone score tickets?
I could have scored one but can't make it on such short notice. Shame, will be a cool show.

My boss just told me today that he decided to go visit his brother in California last minute, so I can take off a bit of time while he's away.....sooo yeah this would have been a kick ass few days off
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Ugh. My wife works tomorrow night and we have no sitters for me to go way out of town.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This is seriously exciting for them. And for us, if they get the Live Series pressed pronto!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

George Ingram just walked into the shop, so the omens for live recordings are good.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yay!!!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:George Ingram just walked into the shop, so the omens for live recordings are good.
I would be surprised if they didn't record this...
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

This is great and all, but I just hope they don't turn it into a future vault package.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

chaptertwentyone wrote:This is great and all, but I just hope they don't turn it into a future vault package.
This would be 100x better than the current vault (imo).
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

They were filming it, too. They'd have to edit it down a lot for a single album, though.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:This is great and all, but I just hope they don't turn it into a future vault package.
This would be 100x better than the current vault (imo).
Agreed.

Saw Alison Mosshart posting about the show last night. She said it was brilliant.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:They were filming it, too. They'd have to edit it down a lot for a single album, though.
I don't care, really, how they release it. I just hope it's soon.
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

It was an AMAZING Show! :clap: Been wanting to see him for a while now. They didn't sell any black/blue splits though. Not sure what they're going to do with it. Maybe make it part of this new Blue Room series? I have trouble seeing this as a Vault release because the show was 18+, but you never know. They recorded 1 full album and 1 side of a new record. Chris never stopped either, so I wonder if some parts will be missing.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

They run tape for everything.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom