Third Man Pressing

Your Turntable's Not Dead
GoGoHarlemBaby
Little Bird

Re: Third Man Pressing

Post by GoGoHarlemBaby »

Kali Durga wrote:
GoGoHarlemBaby wrote:That is cool, I'd like to see the Oblivians set released as well! Did they play Bad Man? I think thats my favorite song by them...
They sure did, and then some--
I love the Detroit Cobras cover of it! Ah very cool!
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

dreamover wrote:Also....

this is awesome....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Af4xgYgv2k
Man I love this band! They played some excellent tunes that day! Many, many years ago when a couple friends and I played in a mock-garage band we would cover 'She's A Hole'. Pretty much turned our amps up all the way and overdrove the piss out of them. Such a fun song!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Did a little side-by-side between the new pressing and previous pressing of De Stijl (Hello Operator). New pressing has a bit more punch to it. Sounds a bit fuller, rounder to me. Guitars are a bit louder and at times I dare say sort of drown out the cymbals. Feels almost more polished, a little less straight forward. I don't own any of the other pressings of that one to do more comparisons. I think it's an improvement over the last pressing which was a remaster from the original tapes on Third Man.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Photos of the grand opening up in the Vault-- http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/ ... nd-opening
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Received my Stooges lp from Cass Corridor today. They wrapped it in tissue paper before boxing it to protect the silk-screened sleeve. Very thoughtful of them.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

So glad to have the two-album set, as I only previously owned the original single album, and the full length No Fun is worth the price of the whole thing in itself. Didn't previously own the MC5 on vinyl, either, so have been blasting all these albums endlessly. Love the quality.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:Love the quality.
They really are impressive. So flat and smooth. Which you'd think all records would be, but we all know they're not! I got home too late from work last night to do any blasting, so hopefully tonight I can annoy my neighbors with this.
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

Has anyone checked the presses out lately? Curious if anyone has seen what new they are pressing.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Looks like they're taking their first off the street customers?
https://instagram.com/p/BSP1TUdDsP7/
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Looks like they're taking their first off the street customers?
Good catch.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:Looks like they're taking their first off the street customers?
Good catch.
Gave them a listen online and they seem to be alright. Not my kind of thing, but they seem to have some talent
chaptertwentyone
Little People

arewhyehen wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Good catch.
Gave them a listen online and they seem to be alright. Not my kind of thing, but they seem to have some talent
Well, I'm sure they're not someone to be signed.
Just helping some punks off the street as Blackwell spoke about.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
Good catch.
Well, I'm sure they're not someone to be signed.
Just helping some punks off the street as Blackwell spoke about.
Yeah, I just meant for others to check them out as well. One of the benefits of pressing a record at TMR Pressing is the cult following TMR has, so you're bound to pick up some new followers/listeners by going through them and being exposed to their fan base.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

That's a good point.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

chaptertwentyone wrote:That's a good point.
Jeeze, people are ON IT today with replies. haha Fastest I have ever seen. You'd think there was a big event or announcement coming up..

But yeah, people seem to follow most anything TMR has any part in, so that's great for all these indie bands pressing there. Great exposure! I can't think of many (if any) other labels or pressing plants that have the same affect..